How does he know?

Amukelani's POV

I don't know why he likes acting as if he didn't hurt me as well. If we can do a little quick recap of four years back, his dad also made him fake date me which means he is a liar and is untrustworthy. I get his still hurt about me keeping Sino away from him but I refuse to be disrespected and made to feel guilty every chance he gets as if his innocent.

I get inside my car and drive back home. I'm so annoyed by this whole thing. I tried not to get it into my head but I can't. Not when he acts like his holier than thou. He needs a quick reminding that one. Busy acting like a goodie two shoes. Goodie two shoes se voet. My phone rings disturbing me from my inner rant.

It's a call from Sthembiso's dad and i already know what it is about.

"Sawbona." I greet. "Yebo. Unjani?" he asks. "Ngiyaphila." "The police are here and we will need you to represent us." He is such a good actor. I'm sure the facade his putting up for the police to make them believe his innocent deserves an Oscar award. "Can you give me forty five minutes I'll be there. Don't let them in till I have arrived." I also have to keep up the good act. "Okay." He drops the phone and i sigh.

Still can't believe I'll have to deal with his son after this. He annoys me that one and if I could I would punch him in the face and kick him until he comes back to his senses. He musn't forget this wasn't a one sided game in fact both our dads played us against each other. I get back home and i go upstairs to take a quick shower and wear the clothes i was wearing earlier.

I go downstairs and Sino rushes to hug me. "Mamá where you going." she asks. "Mamá has to go to work. I'll be back very soon. Okay." "Okay." I kiss her cheeks, forehead, nose and mouth and she repeats the action. She always calms me down when she does this. I feel the anger slowly fading but I know it will fade for a short while before I see his ugly face...His not ugly...definitely is.

I pass by the kitchen and tell Mam Miriam that there is an emergency at work and I'll be back later on. I don't know why these police officers decided to do the raid now instead of tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't go on the news otherwise they will face serious problems, not only from the mafia clients but from the actual, legal clients. They might start questioning their innocence cause it's not their first time appearing on the news for such.

The police have been on their radar for the past four years ever since Melokuhle pulled that stunt. They have been trying to catch them but they always a step ahead and that's all thanks to me pulling certain strings without them knowing. Sthembiso better thank me for keeping their asses out of jail cause if it wasn't for me they would be rotting...busy telling me about trust nwere nwere. A bunch of bullshit.

I get to the warehouse in Permount and the police are there and they have a crime scene tape. Hopefully there isn't an actual murder scene inside. I spot Melokuhle talking to some men from a distance and i curse under my breath. What could he possibly be doing here? I said I would call him but do men ever listen in life, no.

I walk towards the crime scene tape and go underneath it. The cops recognize me here so that's why they don't stop me. I'm sure they can see their case already fading since I'm here. I am good at what i do even if I say I so myself. I approach where they standing and greet them and the detective that's talking to them. I can feel myself becoming angry just by looking at his ugly face and i take a deep breath to calm myself down. It's just work and it will last for a few minutes.