Plus one?

Amukelani's POV
2 months later...

"Okay then if Suzie has 5 apples and she eats three how many apples does she have left." I ask. She takes away three apples from the five I had on the floor. "Suzie has two apples." answers Sino. " Yeah that's right. Okay bring these ones back and let's do one more sum and then you can go and play." She nods. I put ten apples on the floor. "If Sino has ten apples and buys two how many does she have."

She takes two apples and places them next to the others. "12." she answers. "High five you can go and play now princess." I say and she squeals and runs off to her playroom. My phone buzzes and it's a message from Sthembiso telling me he is on his way to pick her up. I'm so tired and i could use with a weekend to myself. I get up and walk to the playroom.

"Let's go pack your clothes daddy is coming to fetch you." I say and she squeals. "Okay mamá wait for me." she says. She tidies up her toys and i smile. She has grown up now and I'm happy that I don't have to tell her to pick up after herself. I take the apples that we were using and i put them back in the fruit bowl and we walk upstairs to her bedroom.

She left some of her clothes and pjamas at her dad's place so now I don't have to pack her clothes I just need to pack her toiletries and shoes then she is sorted. She took it well when we had to return home I thought the mommy and daddy issue will mess with her head but it didn't and I'm glad she let it be for now because I wasn't in the mood to lie again.

"Fetch your toothbrush, Colgate and face cloth from the bathroom." I say and she nods and runs to the bathroom. She comes back a few minutes later with the stuff and i put them inside the toilet bag. I add some other stuff she needs and we are done.

I put the toilet bag and her shoes in her school bag and we go downstairs to wait for her dad. "Mamá I will miss you." says Sino and i chuckle. "I will also miss you princess but you haven't seen your dad in a while due to his busy schedule so you should visit him." I say. "I know I miss him too." "What are you going to do with him?" "I don't know."

"You must behave yourself neh." I say. "I always behave myself." she says and we chuckle. "Sometimes you like misbehaving." "Sometimes not all time." "Oh so now you have a response to everything you say or do I see now." She giggles. "Three has made you this big girl." I bloop her nose and she giggles. "Always big girls."

"Do big girls misbehave the way you do?" I ask. "Uhmm..." she taps her finger on her chin and pretends like she is thinking and i chuckle. "Yes they do." "Why do they misbehave?" "I don't know." "Why do you misbehave?" "I don't know." "Will you start behaving when you get back from your dad?" "Nope." I gasp and she giggles. "Why not?"

"Cause." she answers and i chuckle. "You do know that cause is not an answer." I say. "Is." "Uyaphapha wena. You like acting good for your dad but with me you treat me like I'm your friend." "You not my friend." "I know that but you treat me like one. Treat me the same way you treat your dad." She shakes her head no and i roll my eyes. "His dad you mom."

I chuckle. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask. "Like that." she answers and i laugh. "Angithandi lomkhuba wakho." She giggles and i roll my eyes. (I don't love this behavior.)  My phone rings and it's the guards at the gate letting me know Sthembiso is here and I tell them to open the gate for him. A few minutes later there is a knock at the door and Sino runs to go open it. Favouritism at its finest.

I stand up and walk to the door and her dad has picked her up already. This one is so fast. "Unjani?" I ask. "Ngiyaphila wena." answers Sthembiso. "Ngiyaphila." I make space for him to enter and we walk to the kitchen. "Would you like anything to drink?" "Kukhonani?"(what is there?)  "Water, juice, coke, whiskey and wine." "I'll have the coke." I open the fridge and take out the coke and i take out a glass from the cupboard and rinse it.