Journey?

Amukelani's POV

"Have you told the school that she will no longer be attending as of next week?" asks mom. My parents are working from home today which is perfect cause at least my mom will be there when I confront my dad about this whole war thing and she will make sure that I don't snap at him. "Yes I have told them." I answer.

"I can't believe that Sino will be going." she says. "Me too. I'm really nervous about doing this parenting thing on my own." I say. "That's why you have to tell Sthembiso as soon as possible." "Lets not worry about him. He shall find out about Sino when the time is right." "What if you want to go out on weekends?"

"I don't know why you think I haven't thought this through..I know I will still want to go out on weekends and have to do some errands after school that's why I decided to find a nanny for Sino and I'm buying a house." I answer. "Wow I didn't think you thought that far." she says. "I know this parenting thing isn't easy. I tried it for the first 12 months of her life and well she came here." She chuckles.

"I'm glad that you thought things through. At least I'll have peace of mind knowing my granddaughter is safe." she says. "Don't worry i got this and i made sure I hired an elderly woman who has experience with kids." I say. "She musn't be too old." "No she's not." "Okay." "Where's your husband?"

"It's too early for the fight." she says. "He has been avoiding me all morning." I say. "His in his office, where else would he be at." "Okay let me go confront him." "Amukelani when you phrase it like that you scaring me." "Don't worry I'll be nice." She rolls her eyes.

I go to his office and knock on the door. He tells me to come in and i enter. I pour myself a glass of scotch and i sit down. "Why have you been avoiding me?" I ask. "I'm not. I am busy with work." he answers. "Do you have time to talk?" "Yeah."

"Baba you knew who we were going to war with but you chose not to say anything, why?" I ask. "Cause i knew that your reaction would be like this so I wanted to avoid it until it was time for us to meet up." he answers. "You should have given me a heads up." "Kanti don't you see him when you play get togethers with Mihlali." "Its different from this."

"How is it different?" he asks. "At the get togethers we don't talk but now we will be forced to talk." I answer. "Stop being dramatic." "Oh I'm being dramatic now." "Yes you are Amukelani get over it." Heh this man. No wonder our relationship hasn't been the same and isn't fixed yet.

"How come are we supposed to work with them when you forbade me from dating him?" I ask. "We have one common enemy and we have to defeat that enemy together." he answers. I roll my eyes. This is about to be a long ride.

"Do you know what it means now that we working together?" I ask. "I have no clue please enlighten me." he says. "I have to tell him about Sinokuhle." "Its not necessary." "Dad I'm taking Sino back with me to Durban." "Yeah I know that but it doesn't mean you have to tell him." "You know what let me just leave."

"You have no way out Amukelani. You are apart of this war whether you like it or not." he says. I stand up and leave without forgetting to slam the door. I go to the living room and i sit on the couch. "At least i wasn't called to intervene." she says. "What did you see in dad cause hai cha your man is unique." I ask. "The same thing you saw in Sthembiso."

"Stop making it look like i fell in love with Sthembiso voluntarily." I say. "But you did, nobody held a gun to your head and said catch feelings." she says. "But then I was forced to seduce him." "And you agreed." "Kahle kahle whose side are you on?" "Watch your tone." "I'm just asking cause it seems like you siding with your man instead of siding with me."