Step ahead?

Amukelani's POV

"How does my kidnapping have anything to do with this shit?" I ask. To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. I can't seem to process everything that is being said to me. "I don't know the guy refused to talk and anyways I had to get moving before I get caught." says Dakalo.

"She's after my dad." says Sthembiso. "Why would she be after your dad now?" I ask. "Clearly you didn't hear what he said. The kidnapping the same reason why your father came seeking for revenge on my dad four years back." "Okay didn't have to be so brutal about it." Dakalo chuckles. "So she has other malicious intentions."

"Seems like it." says Dakalo. "Thank you you've been such a great help." I say. "Anything to help out my dearest friend and his baby mama." I roll my eyes. "Baby mama sounds cheap." "Mother of his child sounds better?" "Ten times better." He chuckles. "Thanks for your help ndoda. I'll compensate you big time." says Sthembiso.

"Even if you don't pay its fine." says Dakalo. "I should pay and don't worry your payment is coming soon." says Sthembiso and he smiles. "Sizozwa ngawe." They chuckle and do the bro handshake. "Uhambe kahle first lady." I chuckle. "Usale kahle bantiti." I say and he rolls his eyes.

We stand up and leave. We get inside the car and i sigh. I didn't think that my past would be catching up with me. I thought that the last time I'll have to deal with it is four years back when everything unravelled but now it's back to haunt me. "Sizoyenzani?" asks Sthembiso. (What will we do?) "We have no choice but to tell them." I answer.

"This is just going to spark another fued between them." he says. "Have they sorted out their issues?" I ask. "Not really they just swept things under the rug and have decided to be civil for the sake of the war." "And this will bring back unresolved issues." "Fuck." I can't really have this in my life. My kidnapping was fine locked up at the back of my head it doesn't need to return now.

"Let's go fetch Sino and I'll drop you guys off." he says and brings the ignition to life and drives off. I lean my head against the window and close my eyes. If she hadn't called Sthembiso that day and said that stupid shit she said would we have figured it out? It makes sense why she's after us personally.

My phone rings and i check the caller ID and it's Melokuhle. You've got to be kidding me. Why does he have to call now out of all times?

"Ufunani manje?" I ask. (What do you want?) "Don't be angry that I've been silent for so long. Forgive me for being quiet I've been really busy finalizing my plan and now we need to meet up so I can let you know your part." answers Melokuhle. "I'm busy." "Yeah I know you chilling with your baby daddy but kindly make time for me to."

I roll my eyes. "Why are you still following me after I specifically told you not to otherwise I'm cutting all ties." I say. "I did a good thing because look now you are cohabiting with my enemy." he says. "What does that have to do with you?" "It has every thing to do with me because who knows you might be feeding him information."