Final push?

Sthembiso's POV

"And the prince and princess lived happily ever after." I say and close the book and put it back on the shelf. "I like the prince." says Sino. "Why do you like the prince?" "Because he is nice and kisses the princess." "What do you know about kissing?" She giggles. "Nothing." "Tell me or I'll tickle you." "I don't know anything."

"Nobody is kissing you at school right?" I ask. "No it's only you and mommy and abuela, mkhulu, gogo and other mkhulu.." "Okay fine as long as nobody kisses you at school then we cool." She nods. "No one." "Okay then it's time to sleep. Goodnight." "Night daddy." "I love you." "Love you too." I kiss her forehead and cheek and tuck her in neatly.

I switch off the lights and leave the door ajar. I walk back downstairs to the living room and i find her busy with her work stuff. I sit next to her and take the remote and change the channel. "Uzwile bathi we are moving to the safe house." says Amukelani. (Did you hear?) "When are we moving?" I ask. "On Wednesday so you need to start packing. I'll pack for Sino tomorrow when I get back from work."

"Have they received the body?" I ask. "Most likely but we not sure yet sesizozwa ngabo mabasihlasela." she answers and i nod. (we will hear from them when they want to attack.) "Can you put these files in alphabetical order according to surname." "Akuphi?" (Where are they?) She hands me the box and i pick it up and place it on the table and start sorting through the files.

"Soccer player is here?" I ask. "You mean Thembinkosi?" she asks and i nod. "Yeah. He killed his best friend." "Why?" "Client confidentiality." "Is he guilty?" "Client confidentiality." I chuckle. "I just want to know if his innocent or not." "Follow the case till the end and you shall find out then." "But you going to win the case."

"Meaning he is innocent." she says. "What are the chances of him committing the felony?" I ask. "60/40." "60 being?" "Innocent." I chuckle. "The forty is him being innocent and the sixty is him being guilty." She chuckles. "Innocent till proven guilty. How do you know him since you not a fan of soccer?" "We went to the same school and he always said he will be a soccer player and here he is."

"Wena do you think he did it?" she asks. "Can I look at his file and see the evidence inside." I say. "No just based on your assumption and the time you spent with him at school." "That guy doesn't look like he can hurt a fly. I don't think he did it but the other part says he did." She nods. "But you also don't look like you can hurt a fly yet you assassinate people for a living."

"Its always the innocent looking ones that are the most guilty." I say. "There's your answer." she says. "He did it?" "Don't go around telling people that ke." I chuckle. "I won't." "I just broke the client confidentially for you." "I must be special then." "Maybe you are." "It can't be maybe it has to be a definite yes or no." "Yes you are." We chuckle.

"Ceda ke mfo I want to sleep I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow." she says. I finish up with the files and give her the box. "Thanks you were very helpful. Ilele ledlimbi lakho." (Is your child asleep?) "Ngimgcine alala." I say. (She is.) "I'm sure uyaganga lakhona." (she is naughty where she is.) "Angayenzani kodwa." (What will she do?) "Awumazi lomntwana. Ngamfica adlala ngeColgate ebsuku." (You don't know her I once found her playing with Colgate at night )

"Ngisayombheka." I say. (Let me go check on her.)  "Umshaye makaganga." she says and i chuckle. (Hit her if she's naughty.) "I don't do corporal punishment." "What do you do?" "Ngikhuluma naye kahle and if I have to be stern then i will do it." (I talk to her properly.) "Breaking the cycle." We chuckle. "I don't believe in beating the child up because you make them fear you." "Some of us never feared our parents."