Step up to the plate?

Sthembiso's POV

"So were you keeping the child a secret because of what happened?" asks Sbongakonke. "Nope she kept her from me." I answer. "Why would she do that?" "I didn't bother asking her because my mind is just all over the place." "So you think the child is yours?"

"The dates make sense and it's not like there will be any personal gain if she was lying." I say. "That makes sense but why would she reveal the child now and why did she keep the child a secret?" he asks. "The twins party is what pushed her to confess and why she kept it a secret i don't know." "I should have guessed that."

"Did you see the child?" he asks. "Yeah and she looks like Amu but there are features that show she is mine. She also looks like mom a bit." I say. "Cuteness overload." he says and i smile a little. "So what are you going to do?" "I don't know but then she said if I don't want to be apart of the child's life I must tell her soon and if I do she doesn't mind giving me space so I can have time to think about."

"At least she is not forcing you. Mara ubabakho will die when he finds out that you have a child and the mother is Amukelani." he says. "His the least of my problems right now." I say. "So she's bringing the child to the party?" "Yeah she is." "Hai shem impilo yakho inedrama futhi mengizohleka if inkinga meyingekho ngaga." I roll my eyes. (Your life is filled with drama and i was going to laugh if the problem wasn't huge.)

"How do you feel?" he asks. "I don't know and i don't want to talk about how I feel. I'm nervous for Saturday because there is a lot that could go wrong." I say. "Like your dad overreacting." "His going to die." "Don't worry i won't react angrily. Personally I feel like she wouldn't do this to spite us and she had her reasons why she kept the child away from us. Once I see the child and know she is ours I'll build a relationship with my niece."

"I'll be civilized to and I'll just take this week of at work so I can cool down before Saturday arrives." I say. "I can't believe you a father. Finally the fatherless, rich and single uncle phase is over. Let me and Siphelele hold that title for you." he says and we laugh. "Yeah man." I sigh and put the bottle back in the fridge.

"Zikhiphani ngawe?" I ask. (What's going on with you?) "You know. I have no problems in my life except trying to get rid of Melokuhle for good." he answers. "Ayikho intombi?" (No girl.) "One night stands are working for me for now." "You shall get an STD with hoeing around." "I'm not like you Sthembiso who wants to keep a fuck buddy around for two months because that's more than enough time to catch feelings so mina nje I need one night then we okay." I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

"Either than that ngigrand." he says and i nod. "Why did you visit me today?" I ask and he chuckles. "I could smell the news from a mile away." "Oh wow Thembi mlamleli." We laugh. "Yes I am her and i did good by coming here cause now you feeling better." "Yeah." "Don't yeah me just admit it." "There is nothing to admit to." "Mxm."

"Anyways let me get going. I'll see you when you decide to tell your family the story of your life." he says. "Sharp don't bother attending you already know the story." I say. "Hai wena I want to see my father's reaction when you tell him." "Uyabora wena." (You bore me.) We laugh. "Sharp." We do a handshake and he leaves.

When I hear the door close I sigh. Now that Sbongakonke has mentioned my dad I'm nervous about telling them the whole thing. My mom won't be mad or anything, actually let me not think on her behalf ngoba angangijikela mesengimtshela.(she can turn on me when I tell her.) But my dad he is going to be livid or maybe he'll be the calmer or more accepting one.