Relocate?

Amukelani's POV

I hear the door opening and I'm assuming it's one of the nurses walking in to come and do their check up but when I see the lights are not coming on I sit up to look who it is. "Hawu ufunani la ngalesikhathi?" I ask. (What are you doing here at this time?) "I just came to check up on you." answers Sthembiso. I didn't expect to see him here at this time of the night.

"I'm fine." I say. "You don't have to push me away." he says. "I'm not pushing you away." "Then what do you call what you are doing?" I sigh and look the other way. "Exactly." "I'm okay there is no need for you to be concerned about me in anyway because at the end of the day I'm still your baby mama."

"And I need to make sure the mother of my child is okay." he says and i fight the urge to smile. A part of me says he cares like genuinely cares and not because we have a child and stuff but the other part of me says his doing it for Sino which I appreciate but...I can't find the right words to finish that sentence but I'm glad that he cares somehow even if it might be fake.

"Don't worry the mother of your child is okay so you can go back to your place." I say. I feel his burning gaze on me and i turn to look at him and there it is, we are stuck in our eye contest again. "How is Sino?" "She's okay having the time of her life with the twins." he answers and i chuckle. "Thank you for coming here." "Why weren't you sleeping?"

"I can't bring myself to sleep in a hospital." I answer. "Why is that?" he asks. I close my eyes and take a deep breath and exhale slowly. I'm trying to keep my emotions at bay and not let them get the better of me but it's hard when his here and he is checking up on me. And its also hard because every time I close my eyes my mind drifts of to that day. "Personal."

"Should I leave you?" he asks. Him staying here will overcomplicate things but it might help because maybe just maybe I will be able to sleep. Him leaving is a better option but I can't bring myself to tell him no. "You can stay if you want." I answer. "I need a definite answer." I sigh. "I don't know what answer to give you."

"What is your mind telling you to do?" he asks. "It wants you to go but the other part wants you to stay." I answer. "Which one is winning?" I chuckle. "I really don't know." "But it looks like you need to sleep." "I do but I can't sleep here." "If someone was here?" I shrug my shoulders. "Then I guess I'm staying."

"Do you want to stay? You can easily go home and rest on your very comfy bed." I say. "I don't mind." he says. I look at him for reassurance and he nods. "Try squeezing yourself here because I won't let you sleep on that bench with no blanket." I shift to make some space for him and he climbs the bed and covers us with the blanket.

"Noma kubanda basebenzisa izingubo ezincane." he mumbles and i giggle. (Even when its cold they use small blankets.) "Treacherous conditions." I say. "Now you overreacting." I chuckle. "I was just adding on to your statement." He chuckles. I lay my head on his chest and wrap one arm around his body. This is dangerous I know but that's just what I like and live for.

He starts drawing patterns on my back and i snuggle a little closer to him. "Will you be able to sleep like this the whole night?" I ask. "I will be able to wena." he asks. "I think I'll manage." "Goodnight." "Goodnight." I feel my eyes grow heavy and i let the sleep consume me.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
I hear some shuffling and i flutter my eyes open to check what's happening and i see Sthembiso putting on his shoes. Did he...did he just spend the night here with me? "What time is it?" I ask. "6:30." His voice sounds so sexy in the mornings...get your mind out of the gutter. "Thanks for spending the night with me."