Seductive?

Sthembiso's POV

"Hello." I greet. There was a bit of silence but I could hear someone breathing on the line. "Hi Sthembiso." she says. I recognise that voice as hers. I didn't think she would call me that soon. I thought she was going to wait a bit but I guess she's serious.

"Amukelani?" I ask. "Yeah it's me. I hope I'm not calling at a bad time." she says. "No you not." She sighs. "Okay I'm glad to hear that. Are you okay?" "Ngiyaphila wena." (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.) We stay silent for a while until she talks again.

"So how soon can I set up an appointment or do I need to wait for you?" she asks."Yeah I'll get back to you once I've found them." I answer."Okay then please tell me when you have found houses for me then we shall talk properly on Monday."

"I know a few houses on the market that you might like. What do you want your house to have?" I ask. "I need a 4 bedroom house and 4 bathroom and it must also be close to where I work. It must be nice and open and it must also be modern but with a touch of farmhouse style to make it feel more homey." she answers. "Whats your budget?" "R1-R1.5 million." "Okay sure no problem. I'll get back to you then so we can view the houses I've found." "Okay thanks."

We stay silent for a while until she drops the phone and i sigh. It's not like things are akward but it feels weird to talk again after four years of not interacting with each other. The fact that we gym together does not make anything easy. You'd swear the universe is trying to bring us together this year. I don't know what message they trying to communicate but I'm not listening to it.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
"Soyitholile istand engisifunayo." asks mom. (Have you found the plot I want?) "Cha. I have been too busy this week but I'll start checking for you tomorrow." I answer. "I knew you weren't going to take me serious." "Its not like that askies I've been busy. How big must the stand be?"(sorry.) "Just like the one yasekhaya." "How big is that one?" "I'm not sure but I'll ask them." I nod.

"What's popping in your life?" she asks and i laugh. "Ma since when do you speak slang." I say as i try to calm down from my fit of laughter. She rolls her eyes. "Angisho that's how you kids talk nowadays." "Its the gen Z not us." "Nani you are joining the gen Z slowly but surely." "I'm not one of those. Please ma don't say that ever again it's very weird." "Whatever Sthembiso you just jealous I'm keeping up with the modern language."

"Woman please I could never be jealous of that." I say and she laughs. "Okay it's fine I'll stop talking like that." she says. I check the time on my phone and it's time for me to go. "I need to go ma." "Uyaphi?" (Where are you going?) "The warehouse." "You ditching me for that." "I have to check on the goods being transported and make sure all is good." "The kids we give birth to." "I'm sure you can do something with your husband."