Declaring war?

Sthembiso's POV

I take a last sip of my drink and stand up and walk away. Melokuhle loves pissing me off and one day he will regret it. I'm not one to lose my temper same time, you just need to keep pumping me up so you shouldn't be shocked when I retaliate. I get inside the building and head to the bar area.

I sit down and order another drink. I feel someone's presence behind me and i turn to look back and see Manqoba. He looks dapper in his navy blue suit with a white shirt. "Izanazo Khoza ungazigcini kuwe." he says and we chuckle. (Share with us don't keep it to yourself.) "Ugqoke kahle." I say and he chuckles and sits next to me. (You all dressed up.) "Ngiyabonga nawe ugqoke kahle ngo all black wakho." (Thank you you also dressed up.) We chuckle. "Ngiyabonga."

He orders a drink from the bartender and we sit in silence. The bartender brings our drinks and we thank him. "Uyamkhumbula?" he asks. (Do you miss her?) I'm sure my face can't hide the confusion as I turn to look at him. "Ubani manje?" I ask. (Who?) "Uyazi ukuthi ngikhuluma ngobani." (You know who I'm talking about.) "Cha angazi." (No i don't know.) He chuckles. "Mtana ka Mngomezulu lowesithathu." I chuckle. (Mngomezulu's child the third born.)

I wonder how he knows, not that I'm missing her per say but I wonder how he knows that we have some sort of connection that brings us together. "Ngizobengimkhumbuleleni?" I ask. (Why would i be missing her?) "The eye contact you did four years back had some of us in a chokehold." he answers and i clear my throat. I did not expect him to say that. I thought we kept our eye contact under wraps but it seems like someone noticed it and still remembers it.

"Your silence answers my question." he says. "Which question?" I ask. "Ukuthi uyamkhumbula." (That you miss her.) "Angikhumbuli muntu mina." (I don't miss anyone.) "I honestly thought you guys would be married and having your own little family." "What?" "The way you guys looked at each that night. I felt like we were third wheeling throughout the whole event." I chuckle and shrug my shoulders.

"Why would you think we would be married by now?" I ask. "Because you guys look good together. Anithandananga isikhathi eside ukuthi abantu banitshele kahle but you guys look good together. She may be a bit crazy," (you didn't date for too long so that people can tell you.) "Not even a bit crazy." We chuckle. "She is a lot crazy but I'm sure she would have toned down at some point when she sees its serious."

"You sure do notice the smallest things." I say and he chuckles. "You guys were dancing to Chris Brown instead of being present here." he says and i cough. "You giving stalker vibes now." "I wasn't stalking I just so happened to pass the two of you in your own world. I wanted to take a picture but I convinced myself against it." I chuckle. "Usuke uyenzani ngaphandle instead of attending the event." (What were you doing outside.)

"Le ndawo iyabora mahn we all need a break. Just like you needed one and so happened to bump into Melokuhle." he says and we chuckle. (This place is boring.)  "Unesidina lomfana." I mumble and he laughs. (He annoys me.) "Ngiyakuzwa." (I hear you.) "But you supposed to be getting the hang of this seeing as though you the first born." "Being indlalifa doesn't mean anything it's all about capabilities." (the heir.)

"You don't want this?" I ask. "No I don't. Too much pressure, always have to be watching my back. Not that I don't watch my back now but if I take over it will be double or maybe triple the stress of running everything. Nqaba is more capable than me so I would rather he run this whole shit and he enjoys it way more than I do so why not." he answers. "I should start slacking so he doesn't consider me at all." We chuckle.