Long overdue conversation?

Amukelani's POV
One month later...

It's been a month since that whole call of hey I'm ready to step up to the plate and be a father to Sino and guess where we are....his not here. That fool chickened out. I've been waiting for his call so we can talk but nope that boy just ghosted me. His lucky that we haven't met up in those meetings otherwise I would have jumped his face. And no not in a sexual way I've done to many of those things with him in the past that's why I fell pregnant.

I guess this is the space I'm giving him to digest everything. I'm not angry at him for wanting his own space because this news is too much to digest but can he not give me mixed signals...but you the one that said he can have his space...I know it's just frustrating because Sino is asking more questions and i don't know how to answer her...

I pack up my stuff and go to my car. I get inside my car and drive off. I shuffle my playlist and the song Put it on da floor by Latto ft Cardi B starts playing. I drive to Sino's creche and pick her up. She's energetic today, I wonder what's got her in a good mood. "Hi mamá." She hugs me and i carry her and walk to the car. "Hi my favourite princess in the world." She giggles.

I love seeing her like this and i always match her energy when she's this happy. At least she is not thinking about her dad. Fortunately my good mouth hadn't told Sino that her dad is coming back. I would have raised her hopes up for nothing. I know Sthembiso will come around but I need him to be back for good and keep his word in order for me to tell Sino.

I put her in her car seat and get inside the car. "Mamá at school we learnt how to play the piano." she says. "That's nice. Did you enjoy it?" I ask. "Yes mamá I did." Such a fancy school kids learning piano. I'm sure they will start adding it as an extra mural but it will be for the older ones for they are more focused than these babies.

"Do you love singing mamá?" she asks. "Yes I do nana. Why?" I ask. "Sing please." "You can't put me on the spot." She scrunches her face up in confusion and i laugh at her. "Okay nana I'll sing for you at night." I guess she didn't understand the meaning of that statement. Since I'm lazy to cook tonight I pass by Mc Donalds and buy some takeaways.

"Mommy is rich." she says and i laugh. "Who told you that?" I ask. "Abuela." "She is lying in fact she's the one thats rich." She giggles. We drive home and she's talking about her playing the piano and all that stuff. It's nice seeing her happy and not stressed out. She's my world this child.

If someone told me the love I will experience once I have a child will be this big then I would have had her long time ago...what...ngyadlala I had her at a good age when I was emotionally  and mentally strong...You had me there for a second... The conversations I have with my subconscious is alarming. I hope I'm not the only one this mad.

I get home and we get off and get inside the house. Ma is in the living room ironing her clothes. "Ma." I kiss her cheek and go upstairs. She's become a second mother to me and i love her to bits. My mother met her when she visited that time and they hit it off. She even told her that if I bother her she musn't hesitate to call my mom.

I get inside my room and go to the bathroom and do my business. Today was a hectic day at court. The case that I'm busy with has been postponed to two weeks later because the prosecutor wasn't given enough time to deal with the evidence that was presented and he wants to come back more prepared. I wash my hands and wash off the make up.