45. Granny's Last Wish.

THE NEXT MORNING

Kai woke up he had a hangover. His head was hurting very badly. Vadin gave him a glass of lemonade and pills for headaches. After two hours of taking the pills, Kai felt normal. He went to the bathroom and took a cold shower. He felt relaxed after the bath.

He came to the dining room. Vadin had prepared breakfast for both of them. They ate breakfast and then sat in the living room. After some time all the other members and their manager also came to Vadin's house. They all were dressed formally and came to Vadin's house for work. Kai looked at them and said, "Brother don't you know that sister-in-law doesn't like this type of formal gathering in the morning. Why all of us are at your house and if we are here then where is our sister-in-law. Isn't she getting angry?"

Vadin said, "She went to her parents with kids. So we can do our meeting here. But first tell me how you know that we are going to do a meeting here?"

Kai said, "It's simple. When I woke up this morning, I found myself at your house. All the members and the manager are here in formal dress. We both also get ready in formally. And I remember that I got drunk last night. And I had never done this before. So you all will gonna ask me what happened. So in short it's a formal meeting where I have to tell you everything."

Vadin said, "Good, now when you know what is the topic for today's meeting then let's start. Why did you drink so much last night? What happened exactly yesterday tell us?"

Kai said, "I will tell you everything but first call Swarna and ask her to come here."

Paul said, "But why Swarna? What does she have to do with this? She is already worried when we told her that you are missing!"

Kai said, "What I am going to tell you is related to her too. So just call her." Vadin looked at Paul and told him to call her. Paul called her and asked her to come to Vadin's house.

Some time later Swarna arrived at Vadin's house. Paul said, "Now she is also here tell us why you were so drunk last night? And where did you go from the office."

Kai said, "That rumour was spread because of two students from our university. They both were at the same place where my family was having their lunch. My granny misunderstood my and Swarna's relationship and said that we are couples. And those students took it seriously and started spreading the news.

When I heard about it I became very angry because my granny said all those things without my permission. I thought for some time and I understood that maybe she also misunderstood my relationship with Swarna. So I went to her for clearing her misinformation. But when I reached my house my nephew told me that she had gone to the hospital for her check up.

I thought that it was a normal routine check up. So I went to the hospital too. At the hospital, I was waiting at the door for my granny to come out, so that I can talk to her. But it was taking a lot of time. So I slightly opened the door of the chamber for hearing the conversation between my granny and the doctor.

After that the thing which I listened to made me go in shock. The doctor told my granny that her cancer was increasing day by day but at a very slow rate. Guys my granny is suffering from Cancer.

My granny's age is eighty-seven years and there is no way to heal cancer in her body, because her body is not suitable for bearing the pressure of the medication. She was in her first stage. She has only five years left.

I was broken from the inside and then I ran from the hospital. I wanted to ask my granny but I can't because she didn't want to disclose the truth of her illness in front of anyone. And I heard this from her when she was talking with the doctor.

I wiped my tears and waited there for her. When she came there, she saw me and made her face happy. I also started pretending that I don't know anything. She came to me and asked me what I am doing there.

I replied that I wanted to spend some time with her, because that day I was not free. Both of us went to a park and enjoyed the view. Both of us enjoyed a lot yesterday. We ate her favourite foods and drank her favourite drinks, etc. At last, I dropped her at home. But before she steps out of the car I asked her what her wish was for me.

She smiled and said, "I've seen you all four siblings since childhood and you had been my favourite grandchild. Your elder brother is married and has a child too. Your younger siblings are very small. I can't expect anything from them.

But always I wanted to see your wife. I want you to get married as soon as possible." These are her lines. Then I asked her about her choice. That which type of daughter-in-law she wants.

She said, "I have seen so many girlfriends of yours. But I didn't like any of them. I want a daughter-in-law who is caring, loving, respect others, and is filled with positivity. I don't know so much about that friend of yours Swarna but I want someone exactly like her. And this is my last wish. After this, I don't have any wish."

She said goodbye to me and headed towards the house. I drove my car back and went to the bar. And because of that news, I was very sad and felt depressed. So I drank little extra last night. That's all."

Vadin said, "But why didn't your granny tell anything about this to anyone." Kai said, "Because she doesn't want any of us to become sad."

All of them nodded their heads. Kai was feeling very sad. He was about to cry but he stopped his tears. And then he stands up and said, "Swarna I wanted to ask you a question." She was confused that why he told all these stories to her, still she agreed to listen to him but she had a little doubt on his behaviour that maybe he could ask her for marriage.

Kai was about to say something but suddenly Siya yelled from outside "Dimaa! Dima! Save me please save me." Swarna got shocked and ran out of the house. All the other members also came from the back.

DITYAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara