68. Gift.

All the family members had gone. Siya was very tired so she went to sleep. Swarna was advised to take proper rest for two to three days. So she went to her room and Kai also headed to his room.

Kai was resting on his bed while holding a pendant in his hands. He stared the pendant for a long time and at last, he kept it on one side of the bed. He was trying to sleep, but he was not able to sleep because of the thoughts which were coming into his mind about Swarna's condition.

He got up from his bed and went near the window. He was looking at the sky while questioning himself, "Swarna is allergic to almonds. My mom knows about it. Siya was present in the kitchen when mom was preparing the cake. She was the one who told her not to mix the almond powder in the cake.

And as far as I know Siya, she will never joke about her Dima. That means there is someone who doesn't want Swarna to be happy. And that person is not normal. Whoever he is, that person dislikes Swarna very much that he was even ready to kill her. And this person is someone from our house, but in my family everyone likes Swarna from the bottom of their heart. If no one hates her then who can do this?

Now, I have only one way. I have to check the CCTV footage of my house."

He was very busy in his thoughts. Suddenly he felt water droplets on his face. He came out of his thoughts and saw that it was raining heavily. He immediately closed the windows and doors of the balcony and came out of his room for closing all the windows of the house. But he saw that the windows and door were already closed.

He looked here and there and found that the door of Swarna's room was open. He went towards the room and peeked inside there no one was present. He got worried about her and started searching for her in the room, he was calling her continously. Suddenly someone from the back tapped on his shoulders and said, "Why are you shouting? Siya is sleeping. Don't make noise."

He turned back and saw Swarna standing in front of him. He hugged her and said, "I am sorry. I won't shout anymore. And I don't know why I am hugging you, sorry for that too." He broke the hug and again said, "But where had you gone?"

Swarna said, "I don't feel sleepy so I went to the library for reading some books. Suddenly the weather changed and it started raining heavily. So I came out for closing all the windows and saw that Siya had slept already and her room's windows are open. So I went there to close the windows.

But what happened to you? Why are you yelling my name? And why are you looking so worried."

Kai said, "No no nothing I just thought you didn't come out of your room and you are not present here. So where did you disappear." Swarna smiled and said, "Fool! How can I disappear without having any magical powers?"

Kai laughed at her this joke. While laughing he noticed that Swarna's hair was wet. He went to the dressing table, took the dryer and asked her to sit on the bed. So that he could dry her hair.

She told him that she could do that on her own but he insisted to do it for her. So she sat on the bed and then Kai dried her hair. After completing his work he asked Swarna if she wants to eat or drink something. Swarna replied no. Kai went out of the room.

After some time he came with two cups of tea and some fried evening snacks. Swarna looked at him and said, "I told you not to make anything. Then why did you make it."

Kai said, "A few days ago I asked Siya about your favourite time pass snacks and she told me you like fried snacks with tea especially when it's raining. And I know that you are hesitating to tell me. So I prepared it on my own. Now if you want you can have it. Or if you want then you can only see me while eating.

By the way, I am a very good cook. You can try it. The choice is yours." He started eating. Swarna looked at him and said, "Okay I will accompany you in eating because it's very heavy food for stars like you. What if you will fall ill? So I need to give you company in eating."

Kai smiled and gave the cup of tea to Swarna and the snacks too. Swarna ate the snacks and drank the tea. She loved both things and said, "I must say that you are a good cook. Keep it up." Kai laughed and then he said, "I have one more thing for you. But for that, you have to get up from the bed."

Swarna asked about the thing but he replied that she could get that thing only when she would get up from the bed. Swarna got up at last and asked about the thing. Kai said, "Wait a minute." He cleaned his hands with tissue and took out a box from his pocket. And then while taking the box he stood behind Swarna. After that, he took out the same pendant that he was staring at in his room and wore the pendant to Swarna.

Swarna touched the pendant and asked what it was.

Kai said, "I wanted to give this to you on your birthday but before I could give it to you, you fainted and from then to now I didn't find any good time to give it to you. But right now I thought that you are in a good mood so I am giving this to you. If you don't like the gift I shall buy you another one."

Swarna said, "It's a gift, and gifts are chosen by the person who is going to give them, not by the person who is going to receive them. And it's very beautiful thanks for this. Your choice is also good. By the way why are you giving me this? You don't need to do any formality."

Kai said, "Firstly thanks for liking it. Secondly, I am not doing any formality you helped me a lot. And I am not able to say thanks to you for whatever you did for me and my family. So this gift is a kind of thanks. Please accept it." Swarna smiled and said, "It's a very beautiful thank you. I liked it." Both of them smiled.