64. Swarna's Birthday Truth.

THE NEXT DAY

Swarna was busy with some of her office work. Siya's exams were going to start in a few days. So she was not going to her school because of the preparatory leave. And Kai was busy with his own business. All of them were working since morning.

Sometime later Swarna said, "I have some work to finish. I am going to the office and the food is kept in the microwave. Whenever you two feel hungry heat it up and feed yourself, bye." Siya was super happy after listening that Swarna was going out.

Suddenly Swarna again said, "Siya don't even think about playing videogames, watching a movie or any web series, or roaming unnecessarily. I am going to check all the chapters which you had completed. Revise it properly. Understand."

"How do you know what is going on in my mind," said Siya in a sad tone. Swarna smiled and went out. Siya again started studying because Swarna was going to take a test of her after she returns.

AFTER THREE HOURS.

Someone knocked at the door. Siya was studying and Kai don't want to disturb her so he opened the door and he saw that granny came to his house. But he was surprised because Ece was accompanying her.

Granny said, "Today she came to meet me and Ae Cha. We talked for a little and she told me that you two are not in touch with each other for a long time. So I thought why shouldn't I take her here? By this, you two can interact with each other and I won't get bored too."

Kai shook his head and said, "Ya I have a lot of workloads these days. That's why I am not able to meet her. Sorry, Ece. Why are you guys standing outside? Come come." He took both of them inside the house and closed the door.

Granny searched for Swarna but she didn't find her anywhere. She asked about her to Kai. He told her that she had some work so she went to her office. Granny nodded her head and said, "Then it's a very good and big opportunity for me to talk about her." Kai asked about whom you are going to talk about, and what opportunity are you talking about.

Granny said, "First tell me where is Siya. Ask her to come out." Kai said that she was studying in her room. Granny insisted to call her out. So he called Siya out of the room.

Siya came out and saw that granny was waiting for her and one more lady was waiting beside her. She came near to Kai and asked him who the lady was. He replied that she was his childhood friend. She nodded her head and then granny asked her to sit beside her.

Siya hesitated and said, "Dima also don't sit with you. You are the eldest in the Kuregami family. Except for your family members no one have the right to sit beside you then how can I?"

Granny said, "Your Dima is my granddaughter-in-law in this way you are my great-grandchild. So how can you say that you are not my family member? You are not different from Kai and Swarna. And the thing about your Dima Swarna and I had never been together for so long alone. Whenever we met we have all our family members around us. So we don't have time to sit together. That's why she didn't sit with me.

Swarna is your mother and my granddaughter-in-law. So you also belong to me. And not just my family members have the right to sit with me. But all the people whom I trust have the right to sit with me or beside me. Now don't waste time. If Swarna will come back I can't do my work. Come on sit here."

Siya didn't understand which work she was talking about. Then even she sat beside her. She said, "What do you want from me?"

Granny said, "Before coming here I asked Yua to meet me. When we met I asked her about Swarna's birthday. She told me that she don't have any idea about her birth date. And Swarna didn't even celebrate her birthday. So I thought of asking you, because you live with her from the beginning. Tell me why she doesn't celebrate her birthday and why no one knows her birth date."

Siya said, "Sorry granny but I also don't know anything about this. Once I tried to ask her but she didn't tell me. Then I tried to find out about it from her certificates and her passport but she keeps all her documents in a drawer. She locks the drawer and used to keep its key with herself all the time.

Once again I tried to find out about her birth date but that day she told me something after which I stopped my every practice of finding out her date of birth.

She told me "Look Siya this is the last time when I am forgiving you. After this, if I will find you searching for my date of birth, I will never talk to you for the rest of my life. And I promise you this." After that day I didn't dare to ask her about her date of birth."

Granny took a deep breath and said, "That means there is no way to find out about her birth date. Siya shook her head in no and said, "There is a way Sam and Zack uncle. Dima, Sam uncle, and Zack uncle are friends since childhood. I am sure they can tell us about this. Wait for me let me call them."

Siya called them and asked them to come home. Sam and Zack came to Swarna's new house. Granny asked them about Swarna's birthday.

Sam said, "Why are you asking about this? Look mam Swarna doesn't want to share this information with anyone. So please don't force her. And one more thing she doesn't like to celebrate her birthday."

Granny asked for the reason. Sam refuses to tell the reason. But when he saw their sad face he asked Siya to go out of the house and wait in their house for them. Siya went out Sam took a deep breath and sat down.

He said, "8 years ago when Siya came into our life. We faced a lot of difficulties. Swarna is the person who raised her. But for this, she left her parents. You know that Swarna's parents gave her two choices either Siya or them and Swarna chooses Siya.

That day was her birthday when her parents left her alone in her life's hardest journey. That day she thought that whatever happened was her fault. If she hadn't been born, that day of choice won't come into her life. She considers herself guilty of everything. And that day she decided that she will never celebrate her birthday because that day our old Swarna died. She considers herself as a dead body that can move from here to there. She doesn't have any feelings for anyone. And according to Swarna dead bodies won't celebrate birthdays."

Granny shook her head and said, "But this time I will give her the happiness which she had missed in these eight years."