II. The Falls

"The battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls

     "The battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle?" Mr. Tanner asked, looking around the room. I sank into my chair, hoping he wouldn't pick on me. "Ms. Bennett?" 

    "Um... a lot. Like a whole lot." She smiles. I chuckle quietly to myself, looking away. "I'm not sure but like a whole lot." She nods. 

     "Cute becomes dumb in a second, Ms. Bennett." Mr. Tanner scolds. Bonnie frowns, looking down at her paper. 

    "Asshole." I mutter under my breath. Tanner looks directly at me, making my eyes widen. 

    "Gilbert twin number one." He smiles, looking directly at me. "Would you like to take this chance to show us the brain that you hide?" He smirks. Asshole. 

   "I'm good." I say, twirling my pencil between my fingers. 

    "Okay, how about twin number two?" He asks, looking to Elena. "Elena, surely you can enlighten us on one of the towns most historical events." 

   "I'm sorry i don't know..." Elena says honestly. Tanner looks between Elena and I with a scowl. 

     "I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reason Elena, Alina. But the personal excuses ended with the summer break." Elena looks down to her desk and i just clench my jaw, looking straight ahead. Like i said, Asshole. 

     "There were 346 casualties, unless your counting the local civilians." Stefan says, he's a row behind me to my right. 

    "That's correct." Tanner nods, "Mr...."

"Salvatore." Stefan replies. I look over to see Elena smiling at Stefan. 

    "Salvatore? Any relation to the Original settlers here in Mystic Falls?" Tanner asked. 

   Stefan stays silent for a second before nodding, "Distant."

   "Very good." Tanner smiled. "Except there were no civilian casualties." He corrects. 

    "Actually there were 27, the confederate soldiers fired on the church believing it to be housing weapons, they were wrong. It was a night of great loss." I looked over to Stefan frowning, he's talking like he's been there. 
    The class chuckled silently, Stefan just proved Tanner wrong. 

    "The founders archives are stored in the civil hall if you would like to brush up on your facts." He smirked. I outwardly laughed, Tanner glaring at me. 

   Tanner had just been... Tannered. 

________________________________________

   I tugged the fabric on my black sweater to bring it over my hands, and tugged on the white collar of the sweater up to cover my neck. It was pretty cold, even by the fire.