X. Death

"Where is she?" I ask Elena, turning back to her

 "I-I don't know, i lost her when she left that bathroom, that's when i came to find you but you were with h-" 
    Damon moves passed us, going inside. 

"I need to find Caroline, go find Stefan, Elena," I say, moving inside. I look through the crowd, seeing Damon blend in. I try to follow him, but there are too many people. Why didn't Caroline tell me? Was it that bad and i didn't even notice? I must be a horrible best friend. 

________

  I walk down the steps towards the lake and i see Caroline and i sigh in relief. "Caroline?" I call out, walking towards her. "I've been looking everywhere for you."
    When i reach her she's breathing heavy and looks like she's about to cry. "Care, oh my god, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

    She nods shakily and looks to me. "I'm fine."

 "Care what happened? Talk to me?" 

       "I'm fine." Her voice cracks and I move forward, hugging her and she quickly hugs me back. She starts to cry as i rub her back. "I'm fine." She repeats before i shush her, still hugging her. 

     "I'm sorry."

__________________________________________

       I was sitting at the table with Jenna, drinking coffee when Elena came downstairs. "Jenna!" Elena calls out, walking into the kitchen. "Are you aware of what's going on upstairs?" She asks, Oh Elena just ran into Vicki. 
     Yeah, i ran into her last night when i came downstairs to get water, it was quite eventful. 

   "Uh-huh." Jenna nods. Elena gives a small smile and then looks to me and i nod as well. 

   "And neither of you have any objection?" She asks. I shake my head and so does Jenna. 

    "He could be craftier about it; At least make an effort to sneak her in and out. Oh, and uh, just so you both know, I won't be home for dinner." I look up to Jenna with a small smirk. 

    "Oh, so you're going to do it?" Elena asks. 

    "Do what?" I ask confused. 

"She's going out with Logan," Elena says, wiggling her eyebrows. My eyes widen and i look over to Jenna. She has a small smile as she finishes the work she's doing.  

     "I'm going to show up and torture him, yes." Jenna clarifies. 

    "And that's my aunt," I say in a proud tone. Jenna looks to me with a smile before looking back at Elena. 

    "Have you talked to Stefan?"

"Not since he left that very vague message three days ago." Elena huffs. " 'Hi, um, Elena, I, um, I have something i have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days.' " She mimics, rolling her eyes as she pours her cereal.