XXXIX. And All Hell Broke Loose

I walk into the Salvatore house, Elena running upstairs

      I walk into the Salvatore house, Elena running upstairs. I sigh, looking around for Damon.   "How was your night out?" I jump slightly, turning around seeing Damon. I quirk a brow, tilting my head. How does he know i was out last night? 

     "Fun." I shrug, turning back around. 

"Who were you with?" He questions, crossing his arms. I sigh, looking down for a second. 

     "Lili." I watch as his face drops, i know he doesn't trust The Originals. He doesn't want me to get hurt, but they won't hurt me. 

     "You were with an Original? Alina, why would you do a stupid thing like that! Were you that bored? How come you didn't call?" 

   "Because you were here with Rose." I shrug, "You can't always be by my side, Damon. I'm a big girl." I smile, walking up to him. He places his hands on my waist, and i wrap mine on his neck. 

     "I don't trust them." He mumbles. 

"And you don't have to." I smile, "But I'm okay." He sighs, nodding. "Now, why did you need me to come over?" 

    "I need help with Rose, she's getting worse." He frowns. Rose was bitten by Jules last night, and since a werewolf bite is fatal to Vampires... and Rose is a vampire, I'm pretty sure you see where this is going. 

    "How bad is it?" I frown, Rose saved Damon. I know if it was Damon like this, I'd be losing it. 

    "It's pretty bad." He says softly. He feels guilty. And i know the look in his eye, he's going to try and kill Jules, and honestly. I hope she rots in hell. "Come on." He smiles, leading me into the living room. 
   When my eyes land on Rose i try not to gasp. I grip onto Damon's hand, his thumb rubbing soft circles on the back of my hand. She's super pale and sweaty. And the bite is huge.

  "See you look ten times better than when i left, right girls?" I look over seeing Elena who has the same look as me. 

    "Yeah, i can barely notice it." I say with a small smile. I look over to Elena who's nodding. 

    "Yeah, it's not bad." She says shakily. 

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asks, crossing his arms. 

    "He, uh, he left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced he has to find Isobel." I frown at her name, i hadn't heard it in a while, and it still makes me as sick as it did the day i first heard it. "But i think he's going to look for Elijah and Lili." 

    "No can do." Damon shrugs, pouring Rose another glass of blood. "I'm with Stefan on this one. But, if you help your sister play nurse for a little while..." 

    "It's not necessary." Rose cuts in. 

"It is necessary," Damon nods, "Alina never has any plans except getting into trouble, and Elena's a do-gooder. It's in her nature, she just can't resist." He says, giving us pointed looks. I smile at Rose as Damon pulls me with him, me grabbing onto Elena's hand to pull her with us.