LXXXV. Where the Wild Things Are

"Stefan Salvatore, a pest i can't get rid of," I grumble, taking another shot

"Stefan Salvatore, a pest i can't get rid of," I grumble, taking another shot. "How did you find me?"

He sighs, taking a seat, "Your, uh, friends, aren't too careful." He says, looking over at Asher and Max who are sitting at the other end of the bar, who are draining some girls they found out on the streets. "And closing a whole bar down isn't too subtle either."

"I wasn't hoping for subtle, i was hoping for dinner." I hum, taking another shot.

"I see you're in a drinking mood." Stefan sighs, "I guess I'll have to get onto your level." He reaches over, taking two of my shot, downing them.

"I already have drinking buddies, Stefan. You can go now." I snap, clenching my jaw.

"Alina, how many times to i have to say how sorry i am." He frowns. "What do you want me to do?" He says, trying to grab my hand. I take a deep breath, standing up and moving away from him.

"I want you to bring my friend back." I glare, "I want you to stop lying, i want you to pick me over Elena. All things you can't give me." I ground out.

"Alina, if i could i would, i would bring Kol back for you, but i can't." He frowns. "But you're all that matters to me, don't you see that? The only reason i didn't tell you, was so you wouldn't get killed yourself."

"So you lied to me to protect me?" I ask amused. "Look what good that did you," I say, turning away.

Stefan quickly grabs my hand, pulling me back to him, "We're going to the island to find the cure." I see Asher sit up and i look back over to him, raising a brow.

"I'm aware." I nod, "And we're going. With Rebekah." I smile. "See you there." Asher and Max get up as i pull my hand from Stefan's. "See you at the docks."

===============================

Max takes my hand, helping me off the raft. I let out a breath, looking around. "Congratulations, we made it," Shane states, looking around as well. I pull my jacket closer, the wind whipping my hair around. All i ss are trees and the woods. There's an eerie feeling, the only reason I'm here is to get Asher that damn cure, and then we're leaving.
I look over seeing Rebekah wearing a huge scarf, "Is that necessary?"

"Very." She teases. It does get cold here, but vampires don't get cold. We're in Canada, around 200 miles away from the Nova Scotia mainland. But at least I'm out of Mystic Falls. The two of us stand here while everyone else is doing something. I look down seeing Stefan tying a knot to the dead log.
Elena hurries past us, lugging two backpacks. Rebekah and I glaring at her.

"You know, you two aren't really helping." Stefan sighs, looking up at us.

"You're perfectly capable of tying a knot." Rebekah shoots back.