XCIV. A game of survival

I stand there tapping my foot impatiently, "You know, making a hole in the floor isn't gonna get him here faster

I stand there tapping my foot impatiently, "You know, making a hole in the floor isn't gonna get him here faster." Damon says, looking over to me. Damon and I were waiting at the hospital for Stefan so we could check out the crime scene, per the Sheriff's request, but he still isn't here. "Look, there's prince charming now." I look up, Stefan walking into the hospital.

"There's a Familiar Face." I hum, Stefan, turning to face me and Damon.

"Yeah, you just missed the donuts." Damon muses.

"Yeah, uh, I was with Elena burning off a few thousand hate-filled calories." Stefan sighs. The day after i lied to Stefan about Elena wanting to kill Katherine, Elena told him and Damon. Stefan was mad that i lied about and we had an argument, but if I'm being quite clear Stefan has lied to me at least ten times since the start of our relationship.
And i have no idea why he's so irritated since we've all wanted Katherine dead at one or more points in our lives. But now, things are kind of awkward.

"That's where you went this morning then." I huff.

"Yeah, what happened to you guys helping me?" He frowns.

"Help? Yes." Damon nods. "Prolonging the inevitable, waste of our time."

Stefan hums, nodding. "You're avoiding. How unexpected." He mumbles, glancing over at me. I hope he's not talking about me.

"I'm not avoiding. Elena's only goal is to end Katherine's life, and that's not gonna just magically disappear with pilates and a juice cleanse. Especially with Wonder Twin A also sharing the same goal." Damon says looking down at me. My jaw drops as i glare at Damon.

"Sorry, last time i checked, the bitch has ruined all of our lives so maybe you two should get on boar-"

"Hey, guys, thanks for coming. " Liz smiles, walking up and cutting us off.

Stefan and I stare at each other for a minute before he looks over to Liz with a small smile, "Hey,"

"Why were we invited?" Damon asks.

"Well, the hospital had kept the blood banks empty ever since they were raided last month." Liz explains. "We thought at the very least, it would help keep the vampire population away."

"And let me guess, it didn't." I sigh, crossing my eyes.

"See for yourself." Damon gestures for me to walk first, i roll my eyes, following Liz into one of the hospital rooms. I frown seeing a guy laid on the bed, his wrists slit. "There were four other victims in this wing. Each one almost completely drained of blood." She looks back seeing the looks on our faces, "You think it's Silas?"

"Or a doctor with very questionable bedside manner." Damon nods.

"But five victims? It's a lot of blood and it's not like he can take it with him."