LXXII. Dearly Departed

"Excuse me, i think i heard you wrong," I say into the phone. Damon and Stefan both look at me cautiously.

"I took her to the hospital." Jeremy sighs, "When you find your sister unconscious, you call 9-1-1." He sighs.

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal." Damon snaps.

"Every remaining Original is going to want Elena dead to stop Alaric." Stefan reminds him. "She's a sitting duck in there."

"Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation." Jeremy states.

"I don't give a rats ass what Meredith wants, get Elena home," I demand. "We're coming back." I hand up the phone falling back into the passenger seat. Damon peeks his head through the middle of the seats, looking to Stefan.

"Have i told you lately how much i appreciate you not being the dumbest brother on earth?" Damon asks. I shoot a glare at Damon, hitting his forehead making him move back, "Ow!"

"Oops." I shrug, not caring.

"You know at least one of us needs to keep moving, right?" Stefan cuts in. "If Klaus really is the sire of our bloodline, we need to keep his body hidden before Alaric finds him, kills him and we all end up dead." I frown, if they're not from Klaus' bloodline and something happens, their fine, but i will die.
Damon looks at me through the rear-view mirror for a moment before looking back at Stefan with a frown.

"Our life is one big proverbial coin toss." Damon sighed. I let out a little laugh, looking out the window.

"I'm not leaving Klaus." I sighed, "That's for sure." Stefan gives me a look, nodding.

______________________________________________________

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth. And Alaric will follow us." Elijah explained over the phone. He was in Mystic Falls with Elena and Stefan, while I and Damon were driving with Klaus' body.

"And you'll just... run?" Stefan scoffed.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half-century while Elena's able to live out the rest of her natural life?"

"We finally stopped him, Elijah." Elena sighed. "After everything, he's done to us. I can't just let you bring him back." I clenched my jaw at Elena's words.

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours, not even within your children's lifetimes." Elijah assured. I let out a breath, looking out the window."Perhaps it'll finally teach him some manners."

"Why should she trust you?" Matt snapped. "All you've done is screw her over."

"Oh my god, here we go." I sigh, Damon chuckling.

"And for that, I'm deeply ashamed. But know this- She could have been dead the instant i walked through that door tonight. So, Elena, i leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not."

"Not! Hello!" Damon shouted. "Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" I smack Damon's arm, hard, making him glare at me. "Ow!"

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms if you return Klaus' body to us... Elena will come to no harm," Elijah assured. "Do we have a deal?"

"No! No, no, no, do. Did i mention, no!"

I smack Damon's arm again, making him glare at me again. "It's Elena's decision." I snap.