LIX. Another Dance

I sit there, my leg bouncing up and down at the line rings

I sit there, my leg bouncing up and down at the line rings. "Hello, darling. Portland is fantastic once you get over the whiney music and healthy-looking people." Klaus says as soon as he answers his phone. "It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father's dead," I say quickly.

The lines quiet for a minute, "What did you say to me?"

"Sorry, not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael, he's daggered." Klaus is silent again and Damon gives me a look and i shrug, "What do you want me to do with his body?"

"Well, first, i want you to explain to me exactly what happened," Klaus demands.

"He tried to kill Elena, Stefan and i vervained him. I found a dagger, and then Elena daggered him. I think he wanted to use it on Rebekah." I explain.

"I want to see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself." Klaus grits out.

"He's here." I tell him, "Literally at my feet. And you know where i am." I say, staring at Mikael's body.

"If you're lying to me, Alina, your compulsion will expose you. So answer with your life. Is what you're saying true?"

"Elena daggered him." I say again, "I watched it happen."

"I want to talk to Rebekah." He demands.

"Fine." I huff, taking the phone from my ear and passing it to Rebekah. She takes it slowly, putting it to her ear.

"Hello, Nik."

'Rebekah, love. What's this i hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?'

Rebekah looks up to Elena nodding. Apparently, Elena exposed Klaus to Rebekah about what happened to her mom and that Klaus killed her.

"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good." She nods, looking down at Mikael. I hear Klaus sigh and i give her a look. "I miss you. I'm miserable here."

'I'll be home soon.'

"Good. I'll see you then, brother." The line goes dead and Rebekah hands me my phone. "He bought it. He's coming home." Elena sighs in relief as i stand there.

"Now, was that easy or what?" Damon smirks.

"Let's just get this over with." Elena sighs, bending down next to Mikael, pulling the dagger out.

"Good, now that that's over, i have more important things to do." I say, turning to go upstairs.

"Give me your phone." Elena orders. I turn around, quirking a brow.

"Excuse you?" I scoff.

"Elena, let's not push it." Damon warns and i roll my eyes.

"No, you're under Klaus' compulsion. How do we know that you're not going to call Klaus and tell him it was all a lie?" She questions.