LXXIII. Out With the Old, in With the New

I drop the body to the floor, laying my head back against the white couches

I drop the body to the floor, laying my head back against the white couches. I get up, looking out the window of the penthouse I'm in, in Chicago. There's a knock at the door, and i look over, seeing Asher, a vampire i had turned about a month ago, he's become sort of like my... assistant? "What?" I huff.

"A... Stefan Salvatore is calling." I look up, I've gotten calls from Damon, Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy and even Matt. But never Stefan. I hold out my hand, Asher tossing it over to me. I catch it, hitting the answer button.

"Stefan Salvatore... what a surprise," I smirk.

"Wow, I'm surprised you answered my call, you don't answer anyone else's." He deadpans.

I hum, still looking out the window, "Well, i know you didn't call just to call, so what do you need."

"We have a problem."

"Must be a real problem if you called me." In the vampire world, word got out that the Vampire Doppelganger had turned off her humanity, and i doubt it didn't get to Stefan and Damon, especially with Katherine randomly dropping in.

"The council are hunting vampires. And i think they're coming after us." He explains, "You need to come home." He pleaded.

I make a face, wondering if Stefan is stupid, "If they're hunting vampires, why the hell would i come home?" I scoff.

"Because we're your family, Alina. And as your best friend, I'm begging you, please come home." I let out a scoff, shaking my head. "Alina, please."

"Goodbye, Stefan." I hum, hanging up. I look over, seeing Asher's face. "What?" I snap.

"That was cold."

Three Days Later

"You said you wouldn't come home." Asher reminds me as we pass the Mystic Falls sign.

"Curiosity, my friend." I hum as i sit in the passenger seat of the SUV. "And Stefan hasn't answered my calls, i hate being ignored." Asher laughs and i give him a look, Asher laughing harder. I roll my eyes, looking back out the window.

===============================

We stop in front of the barn house, it almost pitch-black outside. Asher and i step out of the car and i look around, we slowly walk up towards te door, "So, what, we just storm the place with no plan?" Asher hums.

"Oh, i have a plan." I nod. I speed over to him, biting into his neck, he screams out in shock as i hold him by the collar.

"You bitch, what was that for?" He snaps.

"You're baiting, kind of." I shrug. "Just pretend your human." I bite into his neck again, the blood pouring down. "Anybody home! Bloodthirsty vampire out here!" I call out. The door opens and i smirk, looking back, seeing Asher laying on the ground.

"Let him go the boy's innocent." Pastor Young called out. I look back to Asher, shrugging.

"Yeah, uh, that's kind of the point." I nod. "Hand over my buddy's and you can have him." I smile. I lift Asher up who is one hell of an actor. "Come on, Pastor. You know I'll kill him." I say, nearing his neck.

"Go away. You are not invited in! And I'm not coming out!" A gun goes off and i groan, falling to the floor. I lay still, staring up at the sky, a smirk on my face. I feel a kick on my foot and i growl, standing straight up. I grab his rifle swinging it across his face, Asher then snapping his neck. I move to the other who's on the floor, smirking.

"A-Are you going to kill me?" He stutters."

"Oh, I'm not going to kill you, I'm just going to hurt you, really, really bad," I smirk, smacking his head onto the ground, knocking him out. I move over to Asher, going to lift him up, but i feel someone tackle me, Elena. I look up, laughing her fangs bared, eyes red.

"Leave him alone!" She growls. Asher rushes over, throwing her off of me, helping me up.

"Well, that was cute." I laugh, Elena scrambles up, still glaring at me, "Oh my god, what stick is up your ass?" I laugh as she pants, trying to control herself.

"Why are you here?" She growls. "You ran away, you shut off your humanity."

"Might wanna ask Stefan why I'm here," I smirk.

"Alina?" My smirk grows as i turn around, seeing Damon and Stefan.

"Hello, boys."

"Who's he?" Damon grits out, looking over to Asher.

Asher and I share a look, bursting out laughing, "Dude, I'm gay."

=========================

"I didn't think you'd actually come." I turn around seeing Stefan leaning against the door of my Hotel room. I shrug, unpacking my thing, "Where did you go?"

"Chicago."

"Why'd you turn off your humanity?" He asks, walking in.

I tilt my head, giving Stefan a small smile, "Because i felt so much, that i started to feel nothing at all. This was just the next step." I shrug, turning back to my stuff. "And now i feel better than ever."