XLVII. Last Chance

"Tonight's the full moon, we should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse

           "Tonight's the full moon, we should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah frowns. I nod, not saying a word. 

     "Elena sais that the sun and the moon curse is fake." Stefan states. "That it's actually a curse place on Klaus." 

    "Klaus is a vampire, born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah states. i look down to the ground, taking a deep breath. 

     "Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon asks, walking into the room, Our eyes lock and i look away quickly, i haven't spoken to him at all. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie." 

     "Damon..." Stefan sighs, cutting him off. 

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying and we haven't gotten ahold of Lili," Elena tells him, shaking her head. 

     "Then, I'll write Bonnie a great eulogy." Damon shrugs. 

"It's not an option Damon." Elena glares. He and Elena have a stare off for a minute before he clears his throat. 

      "All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks. 

"This time around, it's a bit more complex since there are twins..." Elijah says looking over to me, I shake my head slightly and he clears his throat, looking back to Stefan. "The ritual is straightforward, the ingredients so to speak. You already know." 

     "The moonstone." Stefan nods. 

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." 

     "And where do we fit into it?" Elena asks. 

"The final steps of the ritual." Elijah walks over to the bookshelf next to me and i freeze, "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgnager...to the point of your death." I flinch slightly, closing my eyes. "Shall i say it, Alina?"

     "Say what?" Damon demands i look over to Elijah nodding, not able to get the words out myself. 

      "Alina is quite rare, there has only been one other report of doppelganger twins being born. Alina's blood has power to it, it'll strengthen Niklaus' abilities. But to get the power from her blood, he has to stab her with an enchanted dagger, and from then it's a battle of will, the longer she holds onto life, the less power Klaus will have." 

      "Is it possible for her not to die at all?" Elena frowns. Elijah opens his mouth but i quickly cut him off. 

      "With Elijah's plan, yes," I say quickly. I can feel Everyone's eyes on me but i refuse to look away from Elijah. Elijah gives a nod, not liking that he has to lie.