LXXXVI. Way down we go

I stare out at the water as Elena talks on the phone to Caroline. Rebekah had agreed to work with Elena, so now the four of us, we're all working together. I hear footsteps walking towards me and i know it's Stefan, i can feel it. I stiffen slightly until the footsteps stop.

"Leave her alone, Stefan." I hear Rebekah snap. A small smile creeks onto my face. I listen to Elena and Caroline's conversation furrowing my brows.

"If anyone can get Klaus to give it up, It's Alina," Stefan says grimly. I roll my eyes, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

"How am i supposed to get him to give it up if I'm here?" I scoff.

"Can you just talk to him, Please?" Elena begs.

"I mean, he's stuck in the house? He can't go anywhere." Stefan shrugs, "There's only so many places you can hide a three-foot piece of metal."

'I'll find it, don't worry.' Caroline sighs, 'Just email me photos of Jeremy's tattoo. I'll find the sword and I'll call you back.'

"Thank you, Caroline." Elena sighs, relieved.

=======================

I sigh, walking up and down the shoreline with Asher, "Maybe we should just track them, follow them ourselves, get the cure and then leave." Asher urges. We're far enough from the other's to speak freely without them hearing us.

"It's already been a day, their scent is weak and with all the wind, it's blown all of this damn island." I sigh, "And we're not going anywhere, Max is dead, whoever killed him is still out there, and might be after you too, you got away." I state.

He nods slowly, sighing. "Are you okay?" He asks as we start to walk back.

"About?"

"Stefan saying he wanted to be human." He states, "How are you feeling?"

I shrug, putting my hands in my pocket. "Well, the fact that my boyfriend who isn't my boyfriend wants to be human but i want to stay a vampire? It kind of fricken sucks." I huff. I look forward, stopping, seeing Elena's hand resting on Stefan's i take a deep breath.

"I just want this to all be over."

"Alina!" I look up, seeing Rebekah waving me over. Asher and i walk over and i furrow my brows, "Caroline got the map and instructions."

"How?" I frown.

"Me, Sweetheart." I smile slightly hearing Klaus' voice.

"You helped?" I laugh.

"Your shock wounds me." He jokes.

"Shouldn't she be?" Rebekah frowns, "You don't want either of us human. Why would you help us find the cure?"

"Maybe i finally realized the longer i stand in the way of what you want, the longer you continue to hate me, Rebekah. Perhaps i want my sister to finally know happiness." I furrow my brows, looking up at Rebekah.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me a hundred times-"

"No more fooling. No more games." Klaus assures. "I hope you get to live, and die, as you wish."

"So do i." Rebekah nods.

"Ah, but there is one more thing, Rebekah. There is only one dose of the cure." My eyes widen as i look over to Asher quickly. "You need to find it first and take it, it's the only way you'll-" The phone hangs up and i frown.