LXXXVII. Please Stay

I pick the picture off my wall, It's a picture of Jeremy and I when he first started high school

I pick the picture off my wall, It's a picture of Jeremy and I when he first started high school. I close my eyes, letting another tear fall.

'Jeremy! Oh, no, Oh, god, no.' Elena cried, running into the tunnel. I stare at his body his blood on my hands. 'What happened?' I can't bring myself to tell her, so i stay silent. She lets out a whimper, looking down at his hand, seeing his ring on his finger, a ring that won't work. 'It's fine. It's fine. It's fine.' She whispers. 'You're gonna be okay.'

She looks over to me, frowning, She looks down at my stomach, frowning. 'Oh, my God, you're bleeding, are you okay?' I slowly look down at my stomach, seeing blood pouring out.

I take a deep breath, standing up, stumbling out of the cave. 'Hey, hey, what's wrong?' I look up seeing Stefan, i look back to Jeremy, frowning. I pull my hand away from my stomach more blood on my hands. 'What happened?'

'J-Jeremy's dead.' I whisper. 'H-He's not coming back.' I sob, leaning my head on Stefan's chest. He slowly puts his hand up, resting on the back of my head. 'The ring won't work. H-he's gone, my brother's gone.' I sob, slowly falling to the ground, 'Stefan, I-i can't.'

-----------------------------------------------

Elena pushes the door open and i slowly trail behind, still out of it. 'Hey, you guys are home.' Caroline smiles, i look forward, seeing her scrubbing the floor. 'I was trying to clean the burn mark where Kol-' She stops talking seeing Stefan carrying Jeremy. 'I couldn't get the spot out.'

'Come on. Let's get him upstairs.' Elena commands, Stefan following her. I stay downstairs, slowly closing the door. I lean my head on the door, trying to breathe.

'Alina, are you okay?' Caroline frowns placing her hand on my back. As soon as she touches me, i break down again. 'Alina..." She frowns, she wraps her arms around me as i sob.

'He's not coming back.' I sob, 'And it's my fault.'

'No, no, this isn't your fault.' She soothes, but it doesn't help.

'Hey, i got her.' I hear Stefan say. Caroline passes me over to Stefan. He leads me upstairs, sitting me on my bed. 'This isn't your fault.' He tells me, 'None of this is your fault.'

'He's not coming back, and i-i can't listen to her being optimistic, Stefan, i can't." I grit out. 'He's not going to wake up.' Stefan puts a finger to my lips and i slap his hand away. 'Don't try and protect her.' I ground out, 'She needs to know the truth.'

'She does, okay, she does.' Stefan nods. 'She's just trying to hold onto hope, it's Elena, you know her. She's not as strong as you, she doesn't handle this as well as you.'