XXVII.Founders Day

I stare at myself in the mirror, a frown on my face.  I wince as Jenna tightens my corset even tighter. I let out a breath, i hate these things. I look at the necklace on my neck, it's the one Damon gave me. Jenna goes to pull it again but i gasp. 

     "Okay, stop!" I gasp. "I can't, can't breathe." Jenna laughs slightly. 

    "Sorry." She moves to grab the pins off the table, pinning some of my hair back. I hate that i decided to do this, i know i did this for my mom, but i regret this. Now I'm going to be on a float with Damon for an hour, dress like I'm from the 1800's... dressed up like Katherine. 
   It's a blue dress with black detailing and it does off the shoulder. I have a black rose pinned to the back of my hair, i really do look like her. Jenna ties the black ribbon around my waist

   "This dress hurts." I groan.

"Suck it in, baby." Jenna laughs. I laugh, rolling my eyes. 

________________________

     "They're gonna freak when they see you." Elena laughs, i shoot her a look, lightly laughing. 

    "I think we're about to find out." I sigh, seeing them up ahead, Damon dressed like he's from 1864. Stefan has his back towards us, but Damon sees me. His mouth falls open slightly, Stefan turns, seeing me and the same look is on his face. I guess i really do look like her. 
   I give them a small smile and curtsey, obviously, They're still in shock. Elena laughs slightly, linking her arm with mine as we walk towards them. 

  "Ms. Gilbert, you look incredible," Damon smirks, i roll my eyes, smiling. 

     "And you don't look too bad yourself Mr. Salvatore." I smile, he smiles, taking my hand, Stefan clears his throat and i turn to look at him. 

   "Listen, i hate to be the bearer of bad news, be we have to tell you two something..." Stefan says, looking to Damon. Elena and i look to each other, frowning. 

    "What? What is it?" I ask, looking up to Damon. 

"We couldn't wait till after." Damon glares. 

     "Just tell us..." Elena says nervously. 

"Um, we think we found out who your father is," Stefan says quietly. He scratched the back of his neck, nervous. I look up to Damon and he's looking up to the sky, not at Elena and I. 

    "Who?" I ask cautiously, not liking the feeling they're giving off. Stefan nods to Damon, who pulls me into his chest. "What's going on?" 

    "This is for our own safety," Damon tells us.

"What the hell is going on?" I glare. 

     "We think it's John," Stefan says quickly. I don't move, i stand perfectly still.

    "John? Is, is that even possible?" Elena asks, looking to Stefan.

    "Well, there's no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager, and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery," Stefan explains. 

   "My whole life, I've never liked this man, I..." Elena sighs, running a hand through her hair. 

   "I'm sorry, i just thought it'd be better with both of you here, i just didn't know how'd Alina react," he says looking over to me, but I'm still staring at the ground. 

   "I think we broke her..." Damon says quietly. I look up to him with a glare and his eyes widen. "Never mind... Still Alina..." 

    "I'm right here, assholes." Stefan looks to me and sighs.