XX. The Bachelors

I sigh as i walk up the stairs to the porch, crossing my arms as Elena leaves another voicemail for Bonnie

      I sigh as i walk up the stairs to the porch, crossing my arms as Elena leaves another voicemail for Bonnie. "We miss you here. Don't let your aunt drive you too crazy." Elena looks to me and i give her a knowing look. "Come home soon." I motion for her to put her feet and she lifts then and i sit down, and she rests her legs against me. 

    "She's grieving, E. Let her." Elena sighs, nodding as Aunt Jenna walks up. 

    "What are you two doing out here? It's cold. And how are you dressed like that, Alina?" She laughs, i look at my outfit of an AC/DC shirt with a black long sleeve underneath and a red and black plaid skirt with leggings and my boots. 

    "You know what they say..." I laugh, making Elena chuckle. 

      "And I'm just thinking, writing. The, uh, funeral for Bonnie's grandma, it brought back a lot about mom and dad." She frowns. "I was wondering. You said that you would do some digging about them, the adoption." Elena sighs. 

   Jenna nods, a small smile on her face. "Right." 

"So did you?" I ask. "Dig?" 

     "How about both of you come inside." She smiles. Elena and I looked to each other before getting up and walking inside. "Your dad kept everything from his medical practice-- records, logs, old appointment books." She says, handing it to me. "I found an entry from the night you two were born." She flips the pages open, showing us. "Patient and birth date. Isobel Peterson." 

     "Do you think that's her real name?" Elena asks. 

"Pregnant teenage runaway? Probably not. First name, maybe." Jenna shrugs. "But where'd she get Peterson? Classmate? Best friend? So i binged it." Jenna says, pulling up the search engine. "I searched for all the Petersons in this area born the same year around Isobel, found three-- two men and a woman, Trudie, who lived in Grove Hill, Virginia." 

    "That's not far from here," Elena says looking to me. 

     "Well, watch this," Jenna smirks, typing in Grove Hill High and then a website came up. A picture saying 'Trudie Peterson and Isobel Flemming'.

    "Isobel." I sigh. 

"She was a cheerleader, just like us." Elena smiles. But i don't think there is anything to smile about. We just found the woman who literally abandoned us. Jenna and Elena share a small laugh while i just sit there. 

    "Trudie still lives there," Jenna says quietly, she reaches over, picking up a yellow post-it and handing it over to Elena. "This is her address." 

     "What about Isobel?" Elena asks. Jenna looks between Elena and I and then sighs. 

     "I couldn't find anything about her."  Elena looks to me sadly, sitting on the other side of me, grabbing the appointment book.  "Listen, there's something else." Jenna sighs. Elena and I look to her and she huffs. "Mr. Saltzman, Ric,  his wife was from around her, and her name was also Isobel." 
    I look down to the ground and then realize she said 'was'.