LXXIX. The Keeper of Keys

"You're making me go to this alone?" I scoff, staring at Stefan as he does push-ups propped up on logs

"You're making me go to this alone?" I scoff, staring at Stefan as he does push-ups propped up on logs. "You said you'd come with me, you can't make me do this alone," I whine. Stefan stays silent and i groan. "You're literally an Original founding family member, you have to come."

"Elena and I broke up," Stefan grunts out. "By definition, i don't need to be anywhere." I roll my eyes, crossing my legs.

"You're depressing." I huff.

"I'm not depressed. I just want to rip into someone's artery and feed until i can't breathe anymore." I'm seriously regretting telling Stefan I'd keep him in check.

"I'd tell you let's do it, but since i told you I'd keep you in check. So, no, not allowed. And when Damon and i broke up, i didn't stop going out." I state matter-of-factly.

"No, you just drain half a town dry, and them when Klaus died, you left town and then turned your humanity off." He sasses. I stay silent, nodding. "She said she has feelings for Damon."

"Ew." I comment. "But he's... Damon."

"You had feelings for Damon." He huffs.

"I did." I nod, "And now i don't."

"Well, technically, you have no feelings at all." He groans. "Elena's right, being a vampire has changed her."

"Forget about her!" I groan, laying on the floor next to him. He smiles at me, standing up and then holding his hand out for me to take. As soon as i stand i feel an arm wrap around my throat, i gasp, reaching up to the arm.

"In what world do the words 'Tell no one' mean 'Tell your siblings and every teenage sycophant in town'?" Klaus growls into my ear, cutting off my airflow.

"The secret's safe," Stefan says quickly. "No one who knows about the cure would endanger us. Trust me, you know i want to find it more than anyone else."

"Well, then i suggest you find some vampires for Jeremy to kill before I'm tempted to offer you two up as a victim," Klaus growls. He shoves me away and i fall at Stefan's feet gasping for air, Stefan bends down next to me, a hand on my back. "And try and keep this one to yourselves, would you?"

=================================

"How does this one look?" I ask, turning to look at Stefan. He looks up, I'm in a royal blue dress that goes to my mid-thigh, and has a cowl neckline.

"I like it." Stefan nods." I roll my eyes, Stefan scoffing, "I said i like it." I hum, slipping on my heels.

"Walk me downstairs, yeah?" He nods, getting up and walking downstairs.

"Where have you two been?" Damon asks as we walk down the stairs and into the main hall.

"Oh, you know. Out." Stefan shrugs.