XXII. Open Doors

I sit straight up, gasping

    I sit straight up, gasping. I sigh in relief when i see it was just my window being pushed open by the storm. I climb out of bed, closing my window and locking it. I check my others, making sure they're all locked. I like storms, but not when my life is constantly threatened by vampires.
    I open my door slowly, walking across the hall to see Elena's still asleep. I sigh, walking over to her windows too, locking them. I walk over to Jeremy's room, i knock and then open the door. When i open it, Jeremy's just sitting there on his bed. I look at him strangely. 

    "You're still up?" 

"Yeah, what's up?" He smiles. 

     "Um, it looks like there's a storm coming in. Can you help make sure all the doors and windows are closed and locked?" He looks over to his window and then back at me.

    "Yeah. Yeah, sure." 

"Okay... weirdo." I mumble closing the door. He's up to something. 

_______________________________________________

     "I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon growls, hammering wood to the broken window

     "Yeah, and then what? We turn to the rest of the house full of vampires and say, "Oops. Sorry?"" Stefan smirks. I roll my eyes as i sit on the couch, Elena standing behind me. 

    "I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena sighs, shaking her head. 

    "I can." I mutter. Damon shoots me a look before looking back at Elena. 

    "It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it wasn't like i had a choice. She's...scary. Besides she's gonna help me get Katherine back." I clench my jaw, looking towards the fire place. God, if i hear that name one more time... 

    "Of course she is." Elena says, rolling her eyes. "Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process." 

     "You don't have to be snarky about it." Damon huffs. 

"Excuse you? We had to wake up to learn that a tomb full of vengeful vampires are free, i think she's earned snarky." I glare. Damon sits across from me staring at me.

     "How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" He groans. 

     "Oh i don't blame you, Damon. I think we've all accepted the fact that you're a sociopath and have no redeemable qualities." I glare. Stefan and Elena look to each other with wide eyes. 

    "Ouch..." Damon frowns. 

"This isn't being very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah?" Damon hums, standing up and walking out of the room. I sigh, looking forward, getting up as well.