XXXVII. Till death do we part

I roll over, groaning seeing Elena is still asleep, i stayed with her in her room because if we were going to die, i wanted to die on good terms with my sister. We had just stayed up talking and had fallen asleep. I roll back over, tilting my head when i noticed her door was cracked open. A door slamming woke us both up, the both of us looking to each other before getting off the bed and slowly walking over to the door.
    We both walk out into the hallway slowly, looking around. The sound of footsteps caught my attention. I gasp, realizing who it is, Elena turning around as well. Alaric gasped, grabbing onto the banaster. 

   "Elena... Alina..." He coughed out. 

"We, uh, we heard something." Elena explained awkwardly, Alaric let out an awkward chuckle, suddenly Jenna walks upstairs, in Ric's shirt. My eyes widen as i look over to her. 

     "That was us." I give her nod, looking away, "I'm sorry." 

 "You know what? All good." I smile. 

     "Yeah we were just... Chunky Monkey?" Elena and I share a look. 

    "Uh, we're good." Elena nods. 

"Well, I'm naked....so I'm gonna go." He smiled awkwardly, rushing of to Jenna's room. I nod, walking with Elena back to her room. 

     "I'm really, really sorry." Jenna apologized. 

"It's okay, Jenna, don't worry about it." Elena dismissed. 

      "Just let us know if we ned to put headphones in." I smirk before rushing back to my own room. 

    "Wait, i know he's been staying over a lot, are you sure it's okay?" She frowns. 

    "It seems like things are good." Elena smiled, i nodding along with her. 

    "They're exteremly good." Jenna grinned. 

"Then we're extremely okay with it." I nod, opening my door and disappearing inside, closing it.  I sigh, turning around and seeing my brush on the floor. I frown, bending over and picking it up, placing it back on my dresser and going to lay on my bed. 

________________________________

     "Please tell me you don't believe her." I groan from the kitchen table. 

    "No, of course not. We just want the Moonstone." Damon states, tossing an Orange around. 

    "According to Rose's friend slater, there's a way to destory the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan explains. 

     "No spell, no Doppelganger sacrifice." Damon smiles, looking over to me. I sigh, looking down at the table. "Ergo, you live." 

     "How do you destory it?" Elena asks, leaning against the doorframe. 

    "By releasing it from the moonstone." Stefan explains simply. Elena and i share a look, sighing. 

    "How do you guys even know that is gonna work?" Elena asks, coming to sit by me. 

    "Cause we have a crafty witch on our side." Damon says in a 'duh' tone. Stefan looks over to Elena and i, wide-eyed. 

    "You discussed it with Bonnie?" I ask, placing my chin in my hand. 

    "She agreed to do anything she could to help us." Stefan nods. 

     "It's Katherine who has the Moonstone. She's not going to give it to either of you." Elena explains. 

     "We're gonna get it from her." Stefan shrugs. I give him a look, Damon sighing. 

     "Well, what he means to say is that we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to." Damon says bluntly with a smirk. I crack a smile, looking over to Elena to see her not so impressed.