LXIV. Danger Comes in All Shapes and Sizes

"You're joking," I say letting out a laugh in disbelief. "Esther, your mother-in-law was sealed away in a coffin. Aka the other Original witch? How the hell is she even alive?" I ask, pulling my shirt over my head and picking up my phone again. "I thought Klaus literally ripped her heart out like, a thousand years ago."

"She's a witch, Sweetheart, she probably has dozens of connections on the other side," Lili grumbles watching me walk back and forth. "She says she wants to live in peace with us, and she seemed genuine, almost too genuine."

"Do not believe her." I point out, slipping my shoes on. "Remember she was supposed to be the thing to help us get rid of him."

"Well, i don't think she wants that anymore." She huffs, my phone rings again and i roll my eyes seeing it's Stefan calling. "I thought you and Stefan are friends?"

"We are, but he's with Elena," I state, zipping up the back of my boots. "Anyways, that coffin was the only thing keeping Klaus from killing me." I frown.

"Klaus won't kill you, necessarily." Lili states, "He won't kill you." She assures, "Trust me, no harm will come to the Salvatores or Elena, especially not you, Klaus has made it a point." I hum, nodding my head, "Oh! Klaus asked me to give this to you." I furrow my brows as she hands me a small velvet bag.

"What is it?" I ask skeptically.

Lili chuckles, shaking her head, "Why don't you open it and see, I'm quite curious myself." I furrow my brows, opening the bag, pulling out an invitation first. She has a small smile on her face and i narrow my eyes. "Open it." She groans. I flip it over, seeing my name nicely written on the front. I sigh, pulling the back open and slipping the letter out.

'Please joins the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration.'

I look up at Lili with a disbelieved look, "A party really?" I sigh. She shrugs and i see something shining through the cardstock. I flip it over, seeing a note.

'Save me the last dance, Darling.'

I smile slightly looking up, seeing a box where Lili was once sitting. I pull off the lid, my eyes widening. I pull the dress out, seeing a body con dress that's floor-length and flares out slightly at the end. I run my hand over the blood-red fabric.

'Don't worry, Rebekah and Lili helped my pick it out.'

________________________________________________

I sigh, my phone ringing again. I pull it out, my phone, groaning. "Stefan, what can i do for you?"

"Where are you?" He questions.

"On my way to see Rebekah, she invited me over for some reason and I've learned not to piss her off." I sigh.

"She almost killed Elena."

"I know." I shrug, closing my car door.

"So you know Esther's back and the Orignal family is having a ball." Stefan huffs. I hum in acknowledgment and he sighs, "Don't do anything stupid, please?"

"I'm not Elena." I deadpan, hanging up as i walk towards the front door. I raise my hand to the door but the door opens before i knock, Kol answering the door.

"Why hello there, you must be the oh-so-lovely Alina?" He smirks.

"I am, and you're Kol." I smile.

"Come in, Sweetheart." He smiles, opening the door wider, i walk in and he follows behind me, "You know, Alina, I've heard so much about you, you really are as stunning as Niklaus says." I stop in my tracks, turning to face him.