XXXII. Kill or Be Killed

I frown as i watch Stefan and Mason shake hands, "Give me a second

          I frown as i watch Stefan and Mason shake hands, "Give me a second." Damon says, letting go of my hand and using his speed to appear behind Damon. I huff, walking over at my own speed. 

      "I don't want peace." Damon groaned. 

"Oh, consider it opposite day," Stefan says, his tone laced with sarcasm. 

    "Stefan, please tell me you don't seriously think a handshake just solved our problem," Damon says, walking i front of Stefan, his hand on his shoulder.  

    "No, actually, i think that the first chance Mason Lockwood gets, he's gonna drive a stake through your heart, or use her," Stefan says pointing to me, "To get to you. All because you took it upon yourself to try and kill him and bring Alina along with you." Stefan says with a glare, before turning to me, "So you can thank him when the problem keep stacking up." Stefan pushes him away, walking away. 

   Damon sighs and i look up to him, he moves over to me, taking my hand, "You do know i won't let anything hurt you, right?" 

     "Yeah, yeah i know." I nod, a small smile on my face. He nods, smiling, kissing my forehead. 

__________________________

   I walk over, placing a box of plates on a table for the picnic later, i frown noticing Liz and Mason talking i walk forward, turning my back to listen, "Look, i know vampires exist, and you have two of them, maybe three living right under your nose." Mason says. I frown, straightening up a little bit. 

    "Really?" Liz says, not believing him. 

"Yeah." 

     "And who would they be?" 

"Damon and Stefan Salvatore, and Alina Gilbert, I'm not sure about her though." Mason sighs. There's a moment of silence and i frown. 

    "That's impossible. I know Damon Salvatore. Do you know what he's done for this town? I've watched Alina grow up, there is no way." Liz says, shaking her head. I turn slightly, watching them. 

     "I know it's a lot to digest." Mason nods, "But think about it, Alina and Damon are together, Vampire human couples wouldn't work, they'd both have to be-" 

   "No, no, no. I have watched him kill vampires. He's an ally. He's part of the council. She has nothing to do with this either, she's a party girl, she doesn't care for these things." Liz says, shaking her head and rolling her eyes. 

     "Think about it, when did the vampire attacks begin? When Damon and Stefan moved to town?" 

    "They walk in the sun, Mason," Liz argues. I chuckle slightly, pulling the plates out to make it not look weird. 

     "They've evolved. It's not 1864. They've figured it out, Liz." 

     "No." She says in a final tone, "Damon Salvatore is my friend." I look up to see Stefan and Damon watching, but i notice Mason notices them too. Mason looks over to me and i tilt my head, smirking. I walk away, moving towards Damon and Stefan.