LXXX. New Orleans

I groan as i roll over, burying my face into his chest. Wait, chest? I sit straight up, seeing I'm lying next to Stefan. I see his arm in my lap, it was probably around my waist before, but i furrow my brows. I nudge Stefan, the asshole not waking up. I hear a squeal and look up to Caroline with wide eyes.

"What's this?" She smiles.

"This?" I question awkwardly and she nods. "This is... two friends, sleeping next to each other?"

"Well, i thought these two friends were sleeping, one on the couch, and one on the floor." She smirks. I narrow my eyes at her slightly.

"Things change, Care. You act like we haven't slept in the same bed." I scoff, slowly moving so i don't wake Stefan up.

"Yes, but last time i checked, we're not lesbian for each other, and we don't have the same chemistry that you and Stefan have," Caroline says, her smirk growing. I narrow my eyes at her slightly, "You know, you and Stefan-"

"No." I cut off, pointing at her. "I'm not, we're not- He's my best friend Caroline," I say, leaning against the wall in the kitchen.

Caroline groans, leaning her head back against the wall. "Alina, you and Stefan have something special." She whines. "Hey, maybe you could get your September wedding." I reach over, playfully slapping Caroline's arm. "I'm happy you're back to you." She smiles.

"I am too, i think." I nod, "Let's just hope it stays."

"Yes, let's hope." Stefan chuckles, walking into the kitchen. I clear my throat awkwardly, Caroling smiling.

"Morning," Caroline beams. I give her a look, Caroline giggling. "Well, i have school to get to, you two coming?"

"No, I'm going to keep her away from a lot of people, for now, she's gonna stay with me," Stefan says with a small smile, slinging his arm over my shoulders. Since my humanity barely turned back on, Stefan says I'm like a wild card, any little thing could set me off.

"Right." Caroline nods, "That's what we want to avoid." She smiles, "See you two later." She leaves the house, Stefan and i move back to the couch.

"So what are we doing today?" I ask, looking over at him.

"We're dealing with the sire bond." Stefan sighs. I groan, leaning my head back. "Yes, you do have to come. I need your help, A vampire sired to another vampire, it's slim, i need you to explain to me what it's like."

"I'm not sired though," I state.

"But Asher is, call him, ask him what he feels." He huffs. I nod, pulling my phone out.

"Hello?" Asher yawns into the phone.

"I need your help with something," I say, putting the phone on speaker and setting it on my thigh. I hear him hum and i look to Stefan nodding. "You know that sire bond thing?" He hums in confirmation and i sigh, "What do you feel?"

"I feel grateful." He says in a 'duh' tone. "I was dying." When i found Asher, he was bleeding out, he had just been shot, so i saved his life. "I'd do anything to repay you."

"Do you feel, like, in love with her?" Stefan asks awkwardly.

"What? No." Asher scoffs, "Dude, One, I'm gay, and two, that's not how the sire bond works. It makes you feel like you owe them like you want to help them, I could completely hate her but still be sired to her."

"Like Tyler was to Klaus."

"Exactly." Asher nods. "If this is about Elena," Stefan shoots me a look and i shrug.