XIX. What trickery

I groaned awake, moving my head to the side. I'm on a bed, not my bed. I open my eyes and see Elena, she's still asleep. Where are we? I move over slowly, shaking her away. "Elena, wake up," I whisper. She groans and i place a hand over her mouth. "E, come on." She slowly opens her eyes and i put a finger to my mouth. I point over to ben who's asleep in the chair. She gasps, sitting against the headboard.
    She looks to the door and i shake my head. She rolls her eyes and stands up, slowly walking over to the door. I watch as she pulls the lock off the door and i look over to Ben who is still asleep and sighs. 

    "Elena," I whisper, shaking my head. She shushes me and goes to turn the lock.

     "I wouldn't," Ben says, now awake. Elena and I gasp as he gets up walking over to Elena. "Don't try to escape," he says, trying to compel her. I look to her neck and she still has her necklace on, thank god. "Don't even move. Do you understand?" 

    "I understand," Elena says, pretending to be compelled.

     "It seems like you have common sense, so keep your sister in line." He growls looking over to me and i nod. Ben moves back to his chair and Elena throws the door open, but right when she throughs it open, Anna walks in. Anna grabs her by the arm, pushing her back in. 

    "Seriously?" 

"I told her not to move!" Ben defends. "I did that eye thing you taught me." 

     "You forgot the lesson about Vervain." She glares, throwing Elena further back. "She dates a vampire, Ben, duh!" She opens the bathroom door and throws Elena in, closing it. She looks over to me but I'm still seated on the bed. 

    "What do you want, Anna?" I ask. 

"Doesn't matter. Now either get up willingly and get into the bathroom with your sister, or I'll make you." I roll my eyes, standing up and opening the door, walking in. 

     "Alina..." Elena says from the floor next to Bonnie. 

"Oh my god..." I gasp, sitting next to her. I get up, grabbing a towel and putting cold water on it. "Here." Elena pats it on her forehead and Bonnie's eyes start to slowly open. 

     "Bonnie." 

"Elena? Alina?" 

     "Oh, you're okay." Elena sighs in relief. 

"My head..." Bonnie groans. 

     "Come here." Elena sighs. 

"Oh, my god! Ben is a--" 

      I run over, placing my hand on Bonnie's mouth. "They can hear us." I mouth. I get up, turning on the sink and flushing the toilet. 

     "I was so stupid." Bonnie frowns.

"Oh, he had all of us fooled." Elena frowns, comforting her. 

    "What's going on? Why are we here?" Bonnie asks. Elena looks to me an i hold up a finger, flushing the toilet again. 

    "It must have something to do with the tomb and Emily's spellbook," Elena tells her.

    "Spellbook?"

"Damon said that it could be used to open the tomb," I tell her, flushing the toilet again. Elena frowns at Damon's name and i roll my eyes. 

    "Why didn't i know about any of this?" She asks, looking up to me. 

   "We were tryi-" Elena starts till i clear my throat. "I was trying to keep you out of it," Elena corrects. "Hoping it would never come to this."