XXXI. All the good times

Damon sighs as he watches me pack my bags, "Are you sure you want to do this?" He asks, a small smirk on his face. 

     "If you want i can go to Carolines, or i can call up Isobel and see if she's willing to take me in." I glare playfully. Damon gives me a look, frowning. 

     "You know i want you at my place, I'm messing with you." He frowns. 

    "And I'm messing with you." I smirk, "And yes, I'm sure i want to do this. I can't be here anymore with her... being Elena anymore." I sigh, "If you were here last night and heard the fight, you'd understand." I tell him. He nods and picks up two of my bags. "I need a distraction." 

   "A distraction?" Damon smirks and i nod, "Well, i can definetly assist you with one of those." He drops my bags, walking over to me. 

   "Later, when we're not here." I smile. 

"Like... tonight, later?" 

     "Tonight, later." I nod. He grins, picking up my bags again, "Now what were you saying about the barbecue?" I ask as we walk down the stairs, "Why is it happening, again?" 

    "Well, your dear aunt Jenna went to high school with our wolf boy, Mason Lockwood, so i think that it'll be a prime opportunity to get to know him." He shrugs. 

    "You do know Jenna doesn't like you either, right?" I ask, slightly frowning, it seems as if everyone in my life hates Damon. 

   "I bought a peach cobbler, that should fix things right?" Damon smirks. 

    "What are you up to, Damon?" I ask as we get into his car.

"I'm gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he's a werewolf." Damon smirks, starting the engine, "Everything always goes down at a barbecue." He says as we start to drive away.  

_______________________________

       Damon has his hand on the small of my back as we walk up the steps to my front door, "I don't know why I'm here, i don't need to be." I tell him. 

    "Yes, you do." I roll my eyes, looking away. Damon puts his hand under my chin to make me look at him, "Alina, look at me, forget these people, forget them. All we need is each other, i need you to be all right, and i need you by my side, Alina. I need you." I smile at him, giving him a quick kiss. 

    "I think we should get inside and handle this werewolf business, then." I smile. 

    "There's my girl." He smiles, i open the door walking in. We head into the kitchen and Jenna smiles at me. 

    "Hey, Alina." She says, moving in to give me a hug. She then looks up to Damon and frowns, "Damon." 

    "Hey, guys." Alaric smiles, "We were just doing shots. Let me get you a shot glass, buddy. None for you, young lady." Alaric smiles. Damon flashes the peach cobbler he has but Jenna just rolls her eyes. 

   "No, here." She says, pushing the shot glass in his hand, "Use mine, Alina. Can we talk?" I frown slightly, following Jenna out. We go to the living room and she turns to face me. 

    "You know when i said for you to leave for a few days to cool off, get away from Elena, i thought you'd go to Carolines or Bonnie's. Not you 23-year-old boyfriends house." She frowns. 

   "Jenna..." I frown. 

"Look i get it, you and Elena aren't doing so good. And from what I've heard last night, you need your space. You can stay with Damon, but not forever okay? You have to come home eventually, and you and Elena do have to makeup, your sister." She tells me with a small smile.