XLIV. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer

"You've got to be kidding me..." I glare. Isobel sighs, looking between Elena and i as Jenna looks at us in shock. 

      "It once to see you girls, again," Isobel says with a soft smile that was obviously fake. Elena slowly walked forward as i stayed in my spot by the stairs. 

    "Again?" Jenna frowns looking to Elena. Elena gives her a look, not sure what to say. 

     "So you're the woman who's dating my husband." Isobel hums, looking back to Jenna. I watch as Jenna takes a deep breath and i narrow my eyes at Isobel. "I need to speak to the girls, may i come in?" 

     "No." I state firmly, "Jenna, don't invite her in." Jenna looks back at me, slightly confused. 

    "I need to talk to you two, Alina." Isobel sighs. I walk towards the door, grabbing the handle. 

      "No." I glare, slamming the door shut. I stare at the closed door, slowly turning around to see Jenna teary-eyed. 

     "You knew she was still alive?" Jenna asks shakily. 

"She's dead to me," I mutter, rushing up the stairs. The hate i have for Isobel is pure. She left me, she left her twin daughters because she was selfish. I hear Jenna's door slam and i jump slightly. 

     "Jenna, you have to take to me. I- I need to explain what's going on." I hear Elena plead. "Jenna, please." I stay silent, sitting on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. Isobel literally is ruining my life...

__________________________________________________

       I sigh, opening the door. "Hey, is she up yet?" Alaric asks, walking in. Elena walks down the stairs and sighs. 

    "Nope, she won't come out of her room." Elena frowns. 

"What's you guys tell her?" 

      "Nothing. She won't talk to us." Elena shrugs. 

"Girls, we're gonna have to fix this." Alaric frowns. I nod, looking up, seeing Jenna. 

     "Hey." Elena and i smile. 

"Jenna." 

       "I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go." Jenna mutters, not acknowledging me or Elena. She drops her bag to the floor, moving the living room. 

     "I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now." Ric sympathized. 

     "Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it." Jenna sassed with a nod.

     "Where are you going?" I frown, noticing her bag is too big just to be a purse. 

     "I'm going to stay on campus." Jenna shrugs, putting on her jacket. "I have a thesis to write, and i don't want to be in this house." She deadpans. 

     "You're joking..." I laugh, shaking my head. 

"Jenna, please just stop." Ric pleads. "Let us explain to you exactly what's going on." 

     "Elena, Alina, i need you to go to the Lockwoods' today and accept the historical society's check for your mom's foundation." Jenna tells us, "One of you needs to do it." 

     "Okay, but, Jenna, please just-" Elena started, being cut off by Jenna. 

     "I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from either of you." She says, her voice cracking as she glares at us. I shake my head, tears in my eyes. I can't lose Jenna. She slams the door shut and i look down to the floor.