LXIX. Jar of Hearts

"Are you really going to Denver just to get away from me?" Klaus sighs as i throw clothes into my suitcase

"Are you really going to Denver just to get away from me?" Klaus sighs as i throw clothes into my suitcase. "Alina," I keep throwing clothes in angrily and he sighs, shutting my suitcase. "Talk to me."

"Kol said he needed help, and Rebekah doesn't want to go, and you won't leave Elena here alone, so I'll go, make sure Kol doesn't hurt my brother and maybe consider not being mad at you." I glare. He sighs as i open my suitcase again, shoving a few other shirts in it before zipping it up.

"How many times do i have to tell you i didn't mean it." He frowns.

"Kinda sounds like you meant it," I state, not looking at him. He grabs my hand, turning me to look at him.

"I love you, okay?" He admits, "Please don't be angry with me."

I frown, looking down. "I'll call you when i get to Denver," I say, grabbing my bag, walking out of the room. The whole reason I'm going to Denver is to make sure Jeremy doesn't get hurt and the small break from Klaus to not be so made anymore will be good. And i found out that when an original dies, so does their whole bloodline, so if Klaus dies, then i die.
And that Damon and Elena are going to Denver to get Jeremy.

"Remember, He'll pick you up in Denver, and from there i believe he's taking you to Kansas."

_____________________________________

I get off the plane, Kol instantly seeing me."Alina, love, how lovely to see you." He smirks. I give him a sarcastic smile as he takes my bag and puts it into the trunk of the car.

"I wish i could say the same."

"Ah, still mad at Niklaus i see." He chuckles, "He told me about your little argument." I glare at him and he sighs, "And he also told me not to bring it up..."

"Maybe you should listen to his advice then," I smirk. He nods, starting the car. "Where are we going, again?" I ask.

"To keep the Salvatore boys from winning." He smirks.

_______________________

"And then he stabbed me!" Kol huffs. He had just finished telling me about how he went to go cut off Damon yesterday, but Elena and Jeremy got in the way. And he assured me that he didn't hurt Jeremy whatsoever.

"Well, now that we've established that Damon wants you dead and they're looking for the start of their sire line, can you tell me what we're doing here?" I ask, looking out the window at the old, run-down house in front of us.

"Visiting an old friend," Kol smirks, he speeds around, opening the door for me. I get out, looking around. I stare at the house frowning at the structure. The paint peeling and the holes in the ceiling gave away that whoever lived there never left. "Don't be scared, she just never leaves the house."