XXVI. The she-devil

I couldn't stop smiling, and i still didn't know what to think

        I couldn't stop smiling, and i still didn't know what to think. All morning Damon and i haven't talked. I have no idea if he regrets kissing me, but i don't regret it. He's one of the people closest to me, and i don't know if it was just a heat of the moment thing, or something real. 

    "You're smiley today," Elena notes as she walks into my room. I shrug, leaning back on my headboard. 

     "Can't your favorite twin be smiley for once?" I ask. 

"Did something happen with you and Damon?" She asks, a forced smile on her face. She doesn't like  Damon and i hanging out. If i tell her, she's gonna flip. 

    "No, i just woke up in a good mood." I lie, a genuine smile on her face. I roll my eyes slightly and look over to her as she sits on my bed. "How's Stefan?" Elena had found Stefan on Wickery Bridge and convinced him to feed. 

     "He's good. Finally getting back to normal." She grins. 

    "That's great." At least he's not his ripper version anymore. I look at the clock, seeing the time. "Is Caroline making you help with the Miss Mystic float?" I ask. 

    "Yep, are you ready?" 

"As I'll ever be." I sigh. 

      "Stefan will be here soon." She smiles, getting up and walking out of my room. I slip on a dark blue tank top, my black jeans and my leather jacket and heeled boots. Today is going to be a good day. 
    My phone rings and my heart drops, it's Damon. I pick up on the third and final ring. 

     "Wow, and i thought you'd be ignoring me." He says into the phone, i can just imagine the smirk on his face.

     "And why would i so that?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow as i put my belt on. 

     "I don't know, maybe you regret last night." 

"Damon, we kissed, we didn't have sex. But no, i don't regret it, and I'm not ignoring you, I'm getting ready." I tell him. 

     "Oo, for what? To come to see me?" And i bet the smirk on his face just grew. 

    "No, I have to go help Caroline and Elena with the Miss Mystic float, that we will be on." I remind him. There's silence on the other line and i groan. "Damon, please tell me you didn't forget." 

    "Okay... i didn't forget. I'll be there, don't worry." H sighed. "But on another note, Stefan's back to boring, Elena's cured him." 

    "Don't forget who helped her." I chime. 

"And i hate myself for it." I chuckle rolling my eyes. "Hey, did your uncle John mention anything to you about our field trip with the history teacher?" 

    "Mm, no, but i can see if he said anything to Elena," I tell him. 

    "No, I already asked her when she called to check in on Stefan."