XIII. Ruin Me

I slowly walk up to my front steps and Stefan and Elena are standing there. "Where is he?" I ask. 

     "He's inside." Stefan sighs. I nod, moving towards the door opening it. I walk up the stairs to see Jeremy sitting in his room, slightly rocking back and forth. I walk into the room and sit down in front of him. 

    "Do you understand what happened tonight?" I ask softly. 

    "No. I don't understand." He cries. "I mean, i know what i saw, but... i don't understand."

   "She was going to kill Elena and i," I say softly.

"Now she's dead. Vicki's dead." he cries. 

     "I am so sorry, Jer." I frown. He moves to wrap his arms around me and i frown, wrapping my arms around him. 

   "Make it stop. It hurts." He cries into my shoulder. I start to cry as well, holding onto him.

     "I know, i know, Jer." I sniffle.  

"Why does everybody have to die on me?" I hold him tighter as he cries into my shoulder. I have no idea what to do. 

__________________________

    After a while, Jeremy stopped crying and somewhat fell asleep. I walked into my room, pulling out my phone. "Alina?" 

    "I need your help, please," I say, it was evident in my voice that i was crying. 

    "I'm on my way." I quickly changed into leggings and a sweatshirt, and walk back downstairs. 

    "Are you okay?" Stefan asks. "I, uh, i wanted to help her." He tells me. I nodded and he frowned. "But instead, uh..." Elena rubs his back soothingly.

    "How's he doing? He wouldn't talk to me." Elena frowns. 

    "He's hurting," I say with a nod. "He... he has to go through this all over again, but I'm gonna fix that." I nod. "He's just a kid."

    "Is there anything i can do?" Stefan asks. 

I shake my head and he frowns. "If you do it, it might not work."

   "What?" 

"You're too weak to make him forget. So you can't help." 

    "Alina," Elena says surprised. 

"No, she's right. If i did it, there's no guarantee that it would work-- because of who i am, because of how i live. I don't have the ability to do it right."

    "But i do," Damon says, i look over at him and sigh in relief. 

    "Why are you here?" Elena grits out.

  "Because i called him. Thank you, for coming." I smile. Damon walks forward, his hands under my elbows to make my look to him. 

    "Are you sure you want me to do this?" 

"I don't want him to hurt anymore."

    "What do you want him to know?" Damon asks me. 

    "Tell him Vicki left town and she's not coming back, that he shouldn't look for her or worry about her. He's gonna miss her, but he knows it's for the best." Elena tells him, he looks to me and i nod. 

    "Show me to his room." 

I nod, taking his hand and leading him inside and upstairs. "Once i do this, there's no saying it can be undon-"