LXXVI. The Brotherhood of the Five

The five, a group of vampire hunters that are dated back from Klaus' time, or a little after that. Asher had gotten all the information I needed from a vampire who was basically another Slater. "So, basically, I kill him, I die eventually?" Asher nodded, confirming what someone else had told me. "Amazing, well, I'll do what I was planning before, I have Damon or someone else kill him." I shrug.

"And let them-"

"Die?" I smile, "Yeah." I nod. "And then we're back to Chicago."

"Thank god!" Asher groans happily, laying back on the bed. "Cause... If this is Mystic Falls, I can see why you liked Chicago..." I chuckle slightly, my phone ringing. I groan, throwing my head back, looking down at my phone seeing Stefan calling, "Who's that?"

"Stefan," I huff, "Duty calls."

"And me? Same as usual?"

"Same as usual." I nod.

====================================

I walk into the basement, seeing Connor stretched across the torture board. "I guess I'm going to have to up the Hybrid security detail." Klaus huffs.

"I'd just kill them anyway," I smirk, eyeing Connor.

"I was going to take him, but I figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain," Stefan says, furrowing his brows, eyeing Connor up and down.

"It's from the inquisition," Klaus smirks, "I thought it was a nice touch."

"What'd you get out of him?" Stefan asks as I move to sit in the chair in the corner.

"Not enough." Klaus frowns. I smirk slightly, knowing more than them. "He's mum about the council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. " Klaus looks over to Stefan and me, sighing. "What brings you two snooping?"

"Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled." Stefan hums.

Klaus looks over to Connor, tilting his head. "You're full of mysteries, aren't you?"

"I told you, I don't know anything." Connor grits out.

"Thankfully, I now know plenty." I smile, Klaus and Stefan look over to me, slightly surprised, "What? I have my ways. Shall we?" I smile, getting out of the chair. Klaus and Stefan following me into one of the offices. Klau shuts the door, and I sit on top of the desk."

"So, what's with the home invasion?" Klaus asks.

"Well, Damon said you knew something about this guy, but I guess you do too." Stefan frowns, looking over to me. "I mean, I should've figured something was up when you said you knew Connor and sent Asher off, and you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return."

"Well, I was being benevolent." Klaus dismisses.

"Uh, you're never benevolent." Stefan scoffs. He looks over to me, sighing, "Who is this guy? What's The Five?"

"You ask so much of me." I groan.

"I'm patient, I can wait," Stefan smirks. "All I need is answers from the two of you." He states, sitting down. I look over to Klaus telling him to go.

"Fine." He huffs, "You two might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate." He sighs, "The brotherhood of the Five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in the twelfth century. Italy. My siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the South. Feeding, turning people as we went. But with bloodshed came exposure."