LIII. The moral of the story

I look around the city, my eyes wide

I look around the city, my eyes wide. "Welcome to Chicago, Darling," Klaus whispers, walking past me. I smile, looking around. Stefan grabs my arm, pulling me with him towards the warehouse."Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan."

"What are we doing here?" Stefan frowns, looking around.

"I know how much you loved it here." Klaus smirks, opening the warehouse door, "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days."

"I blocked out most of them," Stefan says, as we watch a truck pull up. "A lot of blood. A lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well that is a crying shame, the details are what makes it legend." Klaus huffs. "Word was the Ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off-limits then, which made everything so much fun." I walk over to the window, not in the mood for storytime. I watch the lights of the city. It amazes me, i never really gone far. Stefan follows, standing behind me.

"Chicago was magical." Klaus hums.

"I'll have to take your word for it. Like i said, i don't remember most of it." Stefan shrugs, turning away from the window. I turn around, sitting on the ledge.

"Straight to business then." Klaus huffs.

"Why are we still with you? We all had our fun, your hybrid's failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan scoffs.

Klaus rolls his eyes a smirk coming on his face. "We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus states, closing the window. I give him a look, walking towards Stefan. "Come on, Darling, we have things to do."

_______________________________________________

Klaus pushes open the bar door, all of us walking in. "Looks familiar, doesn't it Stefan?" Klaus muses.

"I can't believe this place is still around," Stefan says in awe, shaking his head. I guess that this is where Stefan used to hang out then. I hear a door open and i instantly look over, furrowing my brows.

"You got to be kidding me." I look over seeing a woman. She can't be more than forty.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-" Klaus starts, the woman cutting her off.

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." I smirk, looking back at Klaus. She walks closer, staring at Klaus and Stefan.

"I like her." I laugh as Klaus, he rolls his eyes.

"And who might you be?" She smiles at me, "Klaus girl of the decade?"

My face falls and i immediately shake my head. "Oh, god no. There's a million other people I'd rather be with."She laughs, nodding.