LXX. Don't be so Soft

I walk into the office, seeing Klaus painting, but Rebekah storming out. "What was that about?" I frown. "Did she not get the stake?"

"No, she did." Klaus sighs, "She wants to go to some silly dance tonight." He huffs.

I nod slowly, "Yeah, we're both going to that." I state cautiously. He sighs, turning to face me.

"Then, you might want to start packing now." He smiles.

I furrow my brows, tilting my head, "Are we going somewhere?"

"Yes, we're leaving." He states matter-of-factly. I stare at him in shock.

"What do you mean we're leaving?" I frown.

"We're leaving this god-awful town, just like you've always wanted to." He shrugs, "We'll see the world, I'll take you to the finest place-"

"Do i not get a say in this?" I frown. He gives me a look, "What?"

"Do you not want to be with me?" He frowns.

"What? Of course, i do."

"Then it's settled, we're leaving." He states, turning back to his painting. I storm out of the room.

________________________________________________

I sigh, sitting up on Stefan's bed. I've told him about everything that's happened with Klaus. His phone rings and he gives me a look and i shrug. "Is it Klaus?" I've been ignoring Klaus because frankly, I'm not in the mood to talk to him.

"It's Elena." He sighs. I make a noise, laying back down. "Hey..."

'Hey. Do-Do you have a second?' Stefan looks over to me and i quirk a brow.

"Uh, yeah. Everything all right?"

'Yeah, yeah. I just, um, I wanted to, uh... Caroline and i were talking about going to the dance,' My eyes widen as i look at him and he gives me a look. 'And, um... Okay, look, i know where we're at, you and i, and i know it would be stupid to even think that we could go back to the way things were, but I'm going to the dance, and I'd like to go with you.'

My eyes widen as i look to Stefan and he gives me the same look. "Um... I'd love that." I stick my tongue out, silently gagging. I don't listen in to the rest and Stefan hangs up.

"Isn't that cute." I hum.

He makes a face and i shrug, "You should come, if Klaus is making you leave, go out having fun." He suggests.

"I hate you."

"You love me."

"I hate you," I repeat.

"You love me?" He smirks, i roll my eyes, rolling over, sitting straight up when i see Damon.

"I'm thinking Gardenia Corsage." Damon teases. "Wrist, obviously. You don't want to accidentally stab her in the chest with a pin. That could get messy." I hold back a laugh as i lay back down.

"Damon, i..."

"I'm sensing brother tension, I'll go hide out at my old house," I say getting up.

"No, you're good." Damon sighs, walking away. Stefan's eyes widen and he looks over to me.

"You should go to the dance with Damon, you know, for old times sake, who knows when we'll see you again." He smirks.

"I hate you, that's not happening."

_______________________________________________

I sigh, Damon and i walking in after Elena and Stefan, "Trust me, i don't want to be here as much as you don't." Damon grumbles.