LVIII. Day to Daylife

I stay staring at the wall, i haven't moved all night. I've stayed silent, listening to my own thoughts. I'm starving, and when i say starving, i could kill a whole state and still need to feed. I hear the door creak open and i glance over, seeing Damon walking in.
"You know, if you two are gonna keep us locked up for the next decade, i think we could skip the routine visits." Stefan states.

"You know I'm not a big champion of this whole Lexi recovery plan." Damon deadpans, "But, Elena," I clench my fists at Elena's name, the chains creaking in protest of breaking.

"Oh, might not wanna mention her name, we're running out of chains to keep her in," Stefan smirks. They've had to change my chains three times since i keep breaking them.

"Um, she thinks this place is gonna... weaken you two out, break you down, and make you feel again," Damon says kicking some of the broken chains.

"I feel everything Damon," I mumble, "Like how much i want to kill you and Elena," I growl. Stefan lets out a low chuckle, "But we should all listen to Elena, right? Her plans always work out so well."
Damon gives me a pained look, letting out a breath of air.

"Why are you here?" Stefan asks, pulling Damon's attention away from me.

"What are you talking about?" Damon smirks, "It's family day at Vampire rehab. Just paying a visit to my baby brother and girlfriend."

"Go away."

"No, i thought we could hang out. Some bonding. How have you two been?"

"You know, Klaus may want to keep Elena alive, but that doesn't mean she's safe with Rebekah." I tell him, "She hates her just as much as i do, maybe even more."

"Liar, liar, pants on fire, Alina." Damon sighs. "Klaus compelled you two to protect Elena, and if you thought for even a second that she was in danger, you'd be working a lot harder."

I let out a laugh, looking up to Damon, "You got me. You're good. Congrats, Damon, you can leave now." Damon watches me for a second, frowning.

"You're really not my Alina anymore." He frowns. I roll my eyes, giving him a shrug. "You both have given up."

"Actually, this is our happy faces." Stefan shrugs. Damon watches us for a second, pulling Stefan's chains off. He walks over to me, giving me a small smile, pulling mine off. I yank my fists, the chains breaking. "What are you doing?" Stefan asks skeptically.

"Screw this Lexi plan." He states, walking towards the door. "I think we could all use a drink." Stefan and i look to each other, standing up and following Damon out. This is about to be a whole lot of fun.

_______________________________

The three of us walk into a small cafe/bar place. Damon pulls out his phone, calling Elena. I roll my eyes, walking faster. 'Hello?'

"Hey." Damon responds, looking around.

'Damon, where are you?' Elena asks, hearing the music that's playing over the speakers.

"I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure I'm overdressed." He says, looking around, "Still standing?"

'Yeah, I'm fine, but i can't talk right now.' Elena tells him.

"We'll be at the bar," Stefan says, linking my arm with his, pulling me to the bar. I tuck my hair behind my ear, still listening.

'Was that Stefan? Did he say 'we'?'