XLII. Family Dinner

I gasp, sitting up and looking around. "Alina?" I look over to see Damon walking out of the bathroom, a worried expression on his face. "Hey, what's wrong? What happened?" I shake my head, looking around the room, slightly disoriented. "Another nightmare?" I look over to Damon and nod slowly.
    He sighs, getting back into the bed and pulling me to him. 

      "It's okay, it's over." He says softly. I nod, laying my head on his chest. "I was worried." 

     "I'm sorry." I apologize. 

 "Well, i can think of a couple of ways you could make it up to me." He smirks, rolling us over so he's on top of me. I smile, pulling him down to me, kissing him. 
   His lips move to my collar bone, lifting my shirt. 

  "You're taking too long," I whine, pulling my shirt over my head. I smirk up at him, pulling him down to me once again. 

____________________________________

      I sigh, laying on the bed as i watch Damon walk around the room, on speaker-phone with Stefan. "What's going on?" Stefan asks. 

    "Well, i showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed." Damon smirks looking over to me with a smirk. I roll my eyes, getting up and pulling my shirt back over my head. I need to change. 

    "That makes one of us." Stefan huffs. Damon and i share a shocked look, trouble in paradise? 

     "I did hear one piece of good news, though." I frown at what Damon's about to say. "Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night." Tyler probably left with Jules, and from what I've been told, Elijah's witch and Lili told the wolves that if they didn't leave town, they'd basically be slaughtered. 

     "How do you know?" Stefan questions as i walk over to the dresser that i have my clothes in. I slip on a creme colored cropped sweater, a red and black plaid skirt, pulling on ripped leggings underneath. I turn around seeing Damon smirking at me. 

     "Well, i heard it from sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood, thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." 

     "Killing Elijah." Stefan states. I sigh, turning around frowning. When are they going to realize, we can't kill the Originals. 

    "Exactly," Damon confirms. I turn to see him holding the dagger in his hands. 

     "Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty and he has Lili on his side." Stefan reminds Damon. Damon rolls his eyes, weighing the dagger in his hand. 

      "Well, I've got a crafty little dagger." 

"He's an original. We won't know what all that encompasses." Stefan tells him. Damon looks to me, rolling his eyes and i shrug. Moving to the bed to put on my boots. 

     "Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my T's. I don't want any surprises." I give him a weird look, Isn't cross all my T's? 

     "Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once," Stefan says in a teasing tone. I hold back a laugh, Damon giving me a playful glare. 

     "Yes, Stefan, I've become you." Damon groans. "How tragic for both of us. Gotta run. I've a murder to plan. Busy day." He huffs, hanging up. "Do you know how annoying he is?" 

     "I'm sure you're gonna tell me." I laugh. 

________________________________________________

        "Other than the lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon pressed. Ric. Damon and I were all sitting in a booth at the Grill. Ric had just had a run-in with Elijah and Lili while Jenna was giving them a tour of the old properties in the historic village.