LI. Blow out your candles

"I swear to god, if you use that same stupid line as always I'm gonna-"

"You're gonna what?" Klaus smirks, i roll my eyes, looking away from Klaus. I sigh, the sound of the crickets chirping annoying me. I hear a dog barking and Klaus nods at me. I use my speed, seeing the dog.

"Hi, puppy," I whisper, undoing his collar and letting him runoff. I walk back to Klaus who's only a few feet away, hiding in the tree line.

"Rudy." A woman calls out, looking for the dog. She lets out a whistle, looking around, that dog is ling gone. "Rudy, come on. It's too hot to make me come looking for you." She's not wrong about that, the heat here is insane. Klaus and i appear behind her. She turns around gasping.

"I am so sorry." Klaus laughs in an American accent. "We didn't mean to scare you."

"Can i help you two?" She questions skeptically.

"Yeah, our car ran out of gas a few miles back." I smile, "I swear we've been walking forever and your house is the first we've seen." I lie, answering her before Klaus can call me his girlfriend again. "I was wondering if we could use your phone."

"Don't you guys have cellphones?" She asks. We pull them out simultaneously, showing they're dead.

"Battery died." Klaus shrugs. "Look, i promise we're not serial killers. We just want to use your phone."

She eyes us both for a minute, sighing. "Sure." She nods.

"So... we can come in?" Klaus asks. i hate that we have to be invited in now.

"No." She says, shaking her head. "I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." She smiles. Klaus and i share a look, he looks back at her, his eyes narrowing.

"I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting," Klaus says back to his normal tone.

"I'm from Florida." She sasses.

"That explains it." I hum. Klaus rushes forward, wrapping his hand around her throat.

"Now show us a little southern hospitality..." He compels.

"You can come in." She says shakily, all confidence gone. I pull Klaus' hand from her throat, grabbing her arm as we walk inside the house. Klaus directs us to the kitchen.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning." The other girl joked. She put the pan down, turning around, gasping. "What's going on?" She frowns.

"Please don't be alarmed. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here." Klaus states.

"He's almost never here." She states. "He's on the road mostly."

I sigh, starting to walk forward with the blonde, "Oh come on, he has to come home sometime... at least once a month." I smirk, her face drops and i smile. "There it is..." I whisper.