LXXVII. Murder was the Case That They Gave Me

"Wait, you can't leave!" Stefan argues as i move around the room, packing up all my stuff

"Wait, you can't leave!" Stefan argues as i move around the room, packing up all my stuff. "Alina," He groans, "Alina, stop!" He says, grabbing my wrist.

"Yes, Stefan?" I sigh.

"You can't leave, not now, not yet." He pleads, shaking his head. I quirk a brow and he sighs, "Alina, we need your help, You know this hunter better than us, Klaus is gone, and we need your help, at least until Klaus comes back."

"Stefan," I groan. "Asher's already in Chicago, and i need to go." I state, "You're a big boy, handle Connor on your own." I state, patting his chest, then moving over to zip up my suitcase.

"One more week." He bargains. "Just one more week, and then you can leave."

I stare at him for a second, taking a deep breath. "I really really wish i haven't met you sometimes."

==========================

"How the hell did Connor escape?" Stefan huffed into the phone. We're in Klaus' house and we, no, Stefan dragged me with him to go check on Connor, who was gone.

"I blame mind-numbing incompetence, but pointing fingers isn't going to help me. You're going to help me." Klaus says. I chuckle slightly, looking around the room.

"Well, he could be anywhere now." Stefan huffs.

"Think, Stefan. He took the Hybrid's head, which means he wants werewolf toxin." Klaus explains.

"Oh, hell no." I hum, shaking my head. "He's probably going to stay in Mystic Falls and kill us," I state.

"Yes, Sweetheart. It's a pity." Klaus sighs. "As I'm half the world away digging up a dead hunter, you'll have no access to my blood. And therefore the antidote, nevertheless, his tattoo is our only map to the cure, so your task is quite simple. Find him, catch him, and above all keep him alive. He's no good to us dead."

"Damon's been looking everywhere for him. If they cross paths-"

"You need to keep Damon in check." Klaus snaps.

"It would be a hell of a lot easier if we didn't have to lie to him." I hum.

"Weren't you supposed to be back in Chicago this morning, Sweetheart?" Klaus asks annoyed.

"I was," I nod, "Until someone stopped me." I glare.

Klaus hums, "Do you trust Damon with the cure?" Klaus questions. "I imagine he prefers Elena the way she is."

"Nice try Klaus, but i trust Damon a hell of a lot more than i trust you," Stefan stated seriously. I give off a little laugh.

"And i trust no one. Which is why my sister is lying daggered in a box. The more who find out about the cure, the more will go after it. Nations have gone to war over less. You mark my words- Tell one soul and i will throw the hunter's sword in the Mediterranean and we can end this quest right now. Am i understood?"