XXXIV. Hide and Seek

I push open the door so Matt can help bring Aunt Jenna in, holding it open as they walk her in, Jeremy and Elena trailing in behind

     I push open the door so Matt can help bring Aunt Jenna in, holding it open as they walk her in, Jeremy and Elena trailing in behind. "Okay, easy..." Matt tells her as i lightly close the door behind them. 

    "Okay, stop fussing, I'm fine." Jenna sighs, smiling. 

"The doctor said you have to take it easy." Elena reminds her, carrying Jenna's flowers and bag in. 

     "Yeah, you don't wanna rip your stitches., hemorrhage and die, all right?" Jeremy agrees. I give him a look and he shrugs. 

      "Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment." Jenna mocks.

    "No..." Matt laughs, playfully rolling his eyes. 

"I 'walked' into a knife." I look over to Elena and Jeremy taking a deep breath in, "How does somebody do that?" Compulsion, that's how.

     "It happens to the best of us." I shrug, giving Jenna a false smile. 

     "Yeah, it was just a freak accident." Elena nods, Jeremy nodding as well. 

     "Yeah, i mean, I've done it, like 20 times at The Grill." Matt nods. Jenna laughs, wincing in pain, making me frown. "Okay, I'm being nice." Jeremy moves over to help Jenna lay onto the couch, "All right, easy..." Jenna sighs in relief as she lays down, letting out a breath. "What should i do with this?" 

   "I got it." I smile, taking the bag. It was full of the clothes Jenna was wearing that night. Elena sighs, watching as i walk into the backroom to wash them and then back in the kitchen to see Jeremy standing there. 

    "So what are we gonna do?" He asks. 

"About?" I say cluelessly, although i know what he's talking about. He's talking about Katherine, but after Jenna, i don't want him within smelling distance of her. 

    "About Katherine." He deadpans. I look up to him, shaking my head. 

    "I don't know. But what i do know, is you're not doing anything, Jer."  I say sternly. 

     "She tried to kill Jenna. We can't let her get away with that." He whispers, leaning closer to me. 

    "And she's not. But after Jenna, you're not going anywhere near her." I tell him, pulling stuff out of the fridge to help with lunch. 

     "So it's back to you, Elena, Stefan and Damon, again?" He frowns, crossing his arms, "What is she tries something else?" 

   "Elena's not involved either." I state, "And she won't." I sigh, I'm done playing Katherine's game. "Katherine hurt Jenna because I played her game. So I'm done. She wins, everything goes back to normal." 

     "You don't even believe that." Jeremy states, giving me a knowing look. "You're planning something. I want to help." I sigh, giving him a look.