XXX. A full moon

I sat there awkwardly across from Stefan and Elena, "Thanks for coming, Ric

      I sat there awkwardly across from Stefan and Elena, "Thanks for coming, Ric. Can i get you anything? Coffee, bourbon in your Coffee?" Damon smirks as he and Ric walk back into the living room. 

    "Elena mentioned you needed my help." He sighs, Damon gestures for him to sit into the open chair, Damon moves to come to sit next to me, putting an arm around me.

     "Yeah, we were hoping you could shed some light on the Lockwood Family." Stefan sighs, the night of the Carnival, Stefan watched Mason literally hop over a car and his eyes turn gold. Alaric sighs, looking over all of us. 

    "Now why would i know anything about the Lockwoods?" He asks. 

     "Well, you wouldn't. But your dead--" I nudge Damon and he clears his throat, "Not dead vampire wife might." Damon smiles. 

     "Isobel's research, from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena clarifies, sending a glare Damon's way. 

    "You said that she had spent years researching this town," Stefan adds, looking towards Damon and I as well. 

    "Isobel's research here-- Mystic Falls-- was rooted in folklore and legend." Ric shrugs, "At the time, i thought most of which was fiction." 

     "Like that amazing vampire story." Damon smirks. 

I roll my eyes, looking to Ric, "Aside from vampires, what else was there?" I ask. 

    "Lycanthrope." Alaric sighs, Stefan and Damon, Share looks, making me frown. 

     "Wait, like werewolves?" I ask, sitting up straighter. 

"No way." Damon says, sitting up with me, "Impossible, way too Lon Chaney." 

     "Is it?" Stefan challenges, looking over to Damon. 

"I've been on this planet 160 some odd years. I've never come across one." Damon deadpans, "If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" 

    "Well, what do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Ric smirks, folding his arms. 

    "Because vervain didn't effect the mayor on founder's day but the Gilbert device did." Damon explains, "And it affected his son Tyler." 

     "And at the school carnival, his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers." Stefan added, "It suggested some sort of a supernatural entity." 

    Alaric nodded, taking in all the information, "We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is." Elena tells him, rubbing her hands together. 

     "Well, all of her things are still at Duke." He sighed, clearing his throat, "I mean, her office is still there. She's technically still missing." Alaric explains, looking towards Damon.