LXVI. 1912

"I got you something," Klaus whispers. I sigh, giving him a look.

"Again?"

"Yes, again." He huffs, rolling over and opening his bedside draw, pulling out an envelope. I furrow my brows as he motions for me to open it. I sigh, opening it carefully, pulling out a piece of paper, with a drawing on it. A picture of me, "Flip it over." On the back it's a picture of me, leaning against the wall.

"It's from when we were in Tennesee." He explains, "Right after i gave you your birthday present."

"I love it," I whisper. I put it down, leaning over and kissing him. He pulls me closer, resting his hand on my waist. I sigh, pulling away, laying my head on his chest.

"Something on your mind?"

"Do you remember Ric?" He hums and i sigh, "He was arrested for murder." I stay silent for a minute before smirking, turning over and giving him a suggestive look. "Distract me?"

"I can do that." He smirks, pulling me closer, starting to lift my shirt off.

"Did you lock the door?" I ask. He gets up, speeding to door, locking it. "Perfect."

________________________________________________

I rush downstairs, hopping as i zip up my boot, "You're late." Rebekah huffs.

"I know... but i have a good reason," I state.

"Oh, i heard the reason." She says in disgust. My eyes widen slightly. "And for scarring me for the rest of my immortal life, you're driving." She says handing me a set of keys.

"Fair." I nod, she gives me a satisfied smile and we head out the door, "You want me to drive that?"

"Yes." She nods.

"Bekah, that's worth more than my entire existence," I state. She shrugs, moving into the passenger seat, "Jesus take the wheel." I slide in, starting up the car. "Holy shit...." I smirk, backing out of the driveway.

"Oh, brother..." Rebekah sighs as i take off down the road. We're silent for a little, until Rebekah breaks the silence, "Do you truly care for my brother?"

"I do." I nod, a small smile coming over my face.

"I haven't seen him this happy in forever." She smiles, "He truly does care for you, more than I've seen him care for anyone. Please don't hurt him."

"I wasn't planning on it."

_________________________________

"Thank you for meeting with us, Mayor." Rebekah smiles as we sit down across from Mayor Lockwood. Bekah decided to take my idea of going to the Mayor and asking about the tree if it was used for anything or cut down so we could find the wood. "I figured as head of the preservation society, you'd be a good person to ask about the oldest trees in this community." She smiles.

"A long line of Lockwood women used to keep those records back before any of them had actual jobs." She boasts. Rebekah and i give off little laughs, still smiling.

"We've been to the Founders archive, but we can't seem to find any record of the tree that we're looking for," I stated softly.

"It probably got cut down." She shrugs, "Big old trees built half this town in the 1900s." She states.

'Oh, she-devils, nine-o-clock.' I look up, narrowing my eyes at Damon. He gives Rebekah a little smirk and i roll my eyes, looking back at Mayor Lockwood.