LXXXIV. Murder's a common occurrence

I open my eyes, seeing Stefa still asleep. We didn't do anything, we just slept. He hums, his arm moving up, wrapping itself around my waist and pulling me closer. "Staring is rude." He hums sleepily.

"You're rude." I huff, rolling over, my back facing towards him. He sighs, moving closer, pressing his chest towards my back.

"I thought we were past this." He whispers.

"We are, i just like messing with you." I smile, rolling back over and facing Stefan. "Did you mean it? When you said you've always loved me?"

"Every word." He nods. "Did you mean it when you said you didn't love me in the way that it matters?" He whispers.

"No, i lied." I said, "I love you in the way it matters."

He smiles, pulling me even closer, our legs tangling into each other. "I want to just stay here with you all day." He whispers. I smile, laying my head under his chin, Stefan holding on tighter.

"Who says we can't?" I hum.

"No one." He laughs. "I honestly didn't think this would ever happen, i thought you'd be with Damon and Klaus forever." I can hear the frown in his voice. I lean up, kissing his neck softly.

"Nothing lasts forever."

=============================

I sit up as my phone rings, Stefan's in the shower, and i lean over, grabbing it, seeing Klaus' name. "Hello?"

"Are you aware your friends are trying to kill my brother?" He grits out. I frown, sitting up, "I guess you didn't, check your new... lovers phone." I furrow my brows, reaching over and grabbing Stefan's phone, seeing some texts from Elena.

'Does she know where they are?'

'No, she doesn't.'

'Stefan, this is important!'

"Oh, my god." I whisper, "Where are you?"

"I was hoping we'd have the same interests, Sweetheart. Meet me at your old house."

=============================

Klaus and I rush up to the house, hearing Kol screaming. As we get to the door and i try to enter, Klaus grabs my hand. Tears silently fall down my face as Kol starts to burn. "Kol..." I whisper. Jeremy looks up, his eyes widening. Elena looks back at us, seeing us glare at her.

"What did you do?" Klaus grounds out.

"W-we didn't have a choice." Elena stutters, "He was trying to cut off Jeremy's arm."

"Lies." Klaus glares. "He never would've gotten inside if you hadn't have set a trap for him."

"You said you were gonna put him down too." Elena frowns.

"I was gonna ake him suffer on my terms!" Klaus growls. "Oh... i want to burn this house to the ground,and then when you try and flee for your lives, I'll kill you both without blinking."

"Alina?" Elena frowns.

"You killed Kol," I whisper. "Just another thing you've taken away from me."

"You kill us, you'll never get to the cure, Klaus." Jeremy states. "You'll never be able to make any more hybrids."

"You really think i care for an instant about my bloody hybrids?" Klaus growls. "I want the cure so i can destroy it. i would've killed you all the second we dug it up, but now I'm just gonna watch you burn instead." Klaus growls. I go to move inside, going to Elena, Jeremy shooting me in the leg.