LXXIV. In Loving Memory

Asher and i were sat at the grill, i was on my phone not paying attention when another chair scraped out, Liz sitting with us. "I see you and your new... partner in crime are back in town." She states.

"Wow, you have eyes." I hum, not looking up from my phone screen.

"Okay, well, then I'll get right to it. Did one of your blow up the Young farm and kill the council?" Asher and i share a look, laughing. "This is a serious matter."

"If i was going to kill someone, i wouldn't blow it up, i like making it messy." I smile. "Not my style. But, maybe you should ask Damon." She hums, smiling, "Asher, let's go." Asher and I stood up, starting to walk off before i stop.

"Oh, Liz, just a heads up, next time i see Caroline about to be tortured to death, don't expect me to save her."

==================================

"Wow, i finally got you alone without your lap dog." I look up seeing Damon, "Where is he anyway?"

"Why, jealous?" I smirked, Damon gives me a look, and i roll my eyes, "He got hungry." I smirked.

"He can't go around killing people, Alina." Damon snaps.

"I think he can because you are not his father," I smirk. Damon rolls his sitting on the bench next to me. "Why are you here?" I ask.

"I can't come to see an old friend?" I hum, nodding, looking away. We sat in silence for a few minutes until he sighed, "Stefan is trying to teach Elena how to be a vampire, he's putting her on the bunny diet."

"Okay, cool." I nodded, not really caring.

"And you don't even care." He huffed.

"Yeah, you're right, i don't." I smiled. "I guess it's hard loving someone who doesn't love you back." I say with a fake pout. "I mean, i would know, but..."

"I did love, i still do." Damon sighs.

"Damn, you love two people who don't love you back, that sucks." I laugh. "Just imagine the hot vampire sex."

"You're no help." He huffed. I shrug, looking back at my phone.

"Sucks to suck, Salvatore."

================================

Damon had invited me to have a drink at the Grill with him, and how could i refuse. But right now, i was in the bathroom. I fix my hair, hearing my phone ring. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" Asher huffs, "This town is boring."

"Tell me about it. I'm at the grill with Damon." I tell him.

"The Ex?"

"The ex." I confirm. "He invited me out for a drink, and i do love a good drink." I hum. "Anyways, where are you?"

"The next town over, mind telling me why your face is plastered everywhere?" He asks. I give off a little laugh, staring at myself in the mirror.

"I killed at least thirty percent of the town," I say nonchalantly. "Anyway, I'll be back at the motel later tonight, have fun," I say hanging up. I walk out of the bathroom and back towards the bar, seeing Liz talking to Damon.

"Unless the perpetrator's right next to me." She sighs.

"Oo, i get to hear this speech twice today." I smile. "How fun." Liz's face hardened, frowning as she looked between the two of us.